User Tag List

Page 29 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

"He sighed profoundly, and flung himself—there was a passion in his movements which deserves the word—on the earth at the foot of the oak tree. He loved, beneath all this summer transiency, to feel the earth’s spine beneath him; for such he took the hard root of the oak tree to be; or, for image followed image, it was the back of a great horse that he was riding, or the deck of a tumbling ship—it was anything indeed, so long as it was hard, for he felt the need of something which he could attach his floating heart to; the heart that tugged at his side; the heart that seemed filled with spiced and amorous gales every evening about this time when he walked out. To the oak tree he tied it and as he lay there, gradually the flutter in and about him stilled itself; the little leaves hung, the deer stopped; the pale summer clouds stayed; his limbs grew heavy on the ground; and he lay so still that by degrees the deer stepped nearer and the rooks wheeled round him and the swallows dipped and circled and the dragonflies shot past, as if all the fertility and amorous activity of a summer’s evening were woven web-like about his body."
    — from Orlando by Virginia Woolf
    ( . )( . )

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

There are 3 classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, and those who do not see.
    Leonardo da Vinci

Senior Member Array

"But what reason does he give for refusing the various offers that are made him?"
    "None. Except that they don't appeal to him."
    "But doesn't he want to do anything?"
    "Apparently not."

Not really a favourite quote per se, just something I read today. Profound in its barefaced simplicity. So true to me I couldn't help but crack a smile and laugh a silent laugh to myself.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

“Who, if I cried out, would hear me among the angels' hierarchies?
    And even if one of them
    pressed me against his heart: I would be consumed
    in that overwhelming existence. For beauty is nothing
    but the beginning of terror, which we still are just able to endure,
    and we are are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    Every angel is terrifying.." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

The man's desire is for the woman; but the woman's desire is rarely other than for the desire of the man.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

WALMART

There is no more humbling experience than being shown you are wrong, which is why I assert myself frequently.

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I learnt from him, that Poetry, even that of the loftiest, and, seemingly, that of the wildest odes, had a logic of its own, as severe as that of science; and more difficult, because more subtle, more complex, and dependent on more, and more fugitive causes.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

Cartman (singing): I want to get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus. I want to feel his salvation all over my face.

"Like most people with breast cancer, there's something I want to get off my chest."
    -Cartman

“When Things got hard, you started looking for something to blame. Like a Big Shadow.
    Let me tell you something you already know…

The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently IF YOU LET IT…

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But It ain’t about how hard you hit… it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much can you take and keep moving forward? THAT’S HOW WINNING IS DONE!

Now if you know what you’re worth, Go out and Get What Your Worth, But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. COWARDS DO THAT AND THAT AIN’T YOU! YOUR BETTER THEN THAT.”
    -Rocky

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"
    -Zero

DeadPool:"I am sorry, but I will not help you when our countries are at war!"
    French client:"We aren't at war."
    DeadPool:"We aren't? Oh."

"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects wont follow."
    -Zero, code geass

Those are some of my favorites right there.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

Senior Member Array

"I don't mind if I make mistakes. It may be that in one of the blind alleys I may find something to my purpose."
    "What is your purpose?"
    He hesitated a moment.
    "That's just it. I don't quite know yet."
    I was silent, for there didn't seem to be anything to say in answer to that. I, who from a very early age have always had before me a clear and definite purpose, was inclined to feel impatient; but I chid myself; I had what I can only call an intuition that there was in the soul of that boy some confused striving, whether of half-thought-out ideas or of dimly felt emotions I could not tell, which filled him with a restlessness that urged him he did not know whither. He strangely excited my sympathy. I had never before heard him speak much and it was only now that I became conscious of the melodiousness of his voice. It was very persuasive. It was like balm.