User Tag List

Page 26 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

She was the one that got away?

Well... they all got away, but she was the first.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Enneagram
    8w9

All chaps are assless by definition.... Otherwise they would just be leather pants.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

actinomycetes Array raindancing's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

‎"If we could conceive of an incarnation of dissonance- and what else is man?- then that it might live, this dissonance would need a glorious illusion to cover its features with a veil of beauty" -Friedrich Nietzsche
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

"A society that has lost its moral compass will never have enough laws." - Mark Steyn
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

actinomycetes Array raindancing's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Ah, just found my collection of Dostoyevsky quotes. love love love.

Here's a random one

“I agree that two times two makes four is an excellent thing; but if we are dispensing praise, then two times two makes five is sometimes a most charming little thing as well.”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Enneagram
    8w9

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

- 1 Corinthians 13
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Enneagram
    8w9

Politics unfortunately abounds in shams that must be treated reverentially for every politician who would succeed. If you are the sort of man whose stomach revolts against treating shams reverentially, you will be well advised to stay out of politics altogether and set up as a prophet; your prophecies may perhaps sow good seed for some future harvest. But as a politician you would be impotent. For at any given time the bulk of your countrymen believe firmly and devoutly, not only in various things that are worthy of belief, but also in illusions of one kind and another; and they will never submit to have their affairs managed for them by one who appears not to share in their credulity. … A wise politician will never grudge a genuflexion or a rapture if it is expected of him by the prevalent opinion.
    -F. S. Oliver-
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Meditation, prayer or any technique that allows them to turn their senses inward instead of being outwardly, take the time to center, then they get closer and closer and closer to that singularity. They connect with the infinite nature of their existence, the infinite nature of the space around them and the infinite wisdom that's already within them. And then their dharma will just unfold beautifully, because everybody has a dharma. Everybody has a mission. Everybody has something to do here that's very important.
    Nassim Haramein

Enneagram
    8w9

"Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement."

- Winston Churchill
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Enneagram
    8w9

"Do not let spacious plans for a new world divert your energies from saving what is left of the old."

-Winston Churchill
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so