User Tag List

Page 19 of 114 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

"But just as they did in Philadelphia when they were writing the constitution, sooner or later, you've got to compromise. You've got to start making the compromises that arrive at a consensus and move the country forward."

- Colin Powell -
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Insert witty line here... Array Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding-
    Mohandas Gandhi

A window to the soul

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f-ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."

- Clark, Christmas Vacation -

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Loyalty is an illusion.

(am not sure about the source)

MBTI
    ENTP

“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
    Vincent van Gogh

Sniffles

"Those who are married to the age will be a widow in the next age."
    --Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

If I have to choose between two evils I will always choose more entertaining one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" - Cardinal Ximinez of Spain

"Man generally thinks, if words he only hears, articulated noise must have some meaning in it." ("Gewöhnlich glaubt der Mensch, wenn er nur Worte hört, es müsse sich dabei doch auch was denken lassen") - Faust I, Goethe

"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock." - The Third Man (1949)

"Dear IRS, Please remove me from your mailing list." - Snoopy

“Two things fill the mind with ever-increasing wonder and awe, the more often and the more intensely the mind of thought is drawn to them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me" ("Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmender Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir.") Critique of Practical Reason , Immanuel Kant

"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." (« Cela est bien dit, répondit Candide, mais il faut cultiver notre jardin. ») - Candide, Voltaire

"Arnold Schwarzenegger is the governor of California. ..Do you know how he got into that position? He got there... by lifting things. Now, you and me, we avoid lifting things; It's unpleasant. Especially heavy things. Even a five-year-old child knows this. He'll go "No, ha ha, fuck it, no, I'm not doing that, no no." He took a different approach. He lifted the heavy- and you know, you lift something if you have to. Piano falls on granny, you lift the piano… 'cause Granny has mixed feelings about the whole situation. Sunday lunch continues. He didn't do any of that. He went over to the heavy thing, and lifted it, and put it back down and didn't move it anywhere... and then he did it again, hundreds of times, and he said to people who stopped to observe this aberrant behaviour, "Look how good I am... at lifting the heavy thing, in my underpants." Now that may seem a little dim. But it was they who said "You're the man. You're the one we want to deal with immigration, and water rates, and taxes, and all that kinda shit." But wait—what we need to know is, how bad was his predecessor at that job? This must've been someone who came to work covered in children's blood every morning." - Dylan Moran

McPherson: Were you in love with Laura Hunt, Mr. Lydecker? Was she in love with you?
    Lydecker: Laura considered me the wisest, the wittiest, the most interesting man she'd ever met. And I was in complete accord with her on that point. She thought me also the kindest, the gentlest, the most sympathetic man in the world.
    McPherson: Did you agree with her there, too?
    Lydecker: McPherson, you won't understand this; but I tried to become the kindest, the gentlest, the most sympathetic man in the world.
    McPherson: Have any luck?
    Lydecker: Let me put it this way. I should be sincerely sorry to see my neighbors' children devoured by wolves.

- from Laura (1944)
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The two biggest problems in corporate America are making ends meet and making meetings end.
    --anonymous
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.
    - Casey Stengel