User Tag List

Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

Senior Member Array

"You see, according to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy; 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, 'Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?' I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing 'I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener'."

is an ambi-turner Array BRMC117's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

perceive that which cannot be seen
    -Miyamoto Musashi-

He who angers you conquers you.
    Elizabeth Kenny

An angry man opens his mouth and shuts up his eyes.
    Cato
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

"Only talk when it improves the silence"

- Old political maxim.

"Let us do evil, that good may come?"

Romans 3:8

To me it's "Really, there isn't any other way?"
    Last edited by Kanamori; 04-14-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: clarification of quote

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Here's a few of mine. A great deal from one source, but that source happens to be one of my favorite things ever, so.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are even stupider than that. -George Carlin

[On his deathbed, receiving last rites]
    Priest: Do you renounce Satan and all his works?
    Voltaire: Now is not the time to start making enemies.

The problem with the world is that the stupid are cocksure, and the intelligent so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.- Bertrand Russell

I hate to recommend sex, drugs or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. - Hunter S Thompson

Ain't no shame in holding onto grief. As long as you make room for other things too. - Bubbles, The Wire

You'd rather live in sh*t than let the world see you work a shovel -Daniels, The Wire

POOT: You think the man [that invented McNuggets] got paid?
    WALLACE: Sh*t, he richer than a motherf**ker.
    D'ANGELO: Please. The man that invented that just some sad ass down in the basement at McDonalds.
    POOT: Nah, man, that ain't right.
    D'ANGELO: F**k right. It ain't about right, it about money. Now you think Ronald McDonald going to go down that basement and say, "Hey Mr Nugget. You the bomb. We're sellin' chicken faster you can tear the bone out. So I'm going to write my clowny-ass name on this fat-ass check for you?" The n***er that make them things still working in the basement for a regular wage thinking of a way to make the fries taste better and things like that. Believe.
    WALLACE: He still had the idea, though.
    -Also from the Wire

[on The Great Gatsby]
    He's sayin' the past is always with us, and where we come, what we go through, how we get through it; all this shit matters... Like at the end of the book you know boats and tides and all, it's like you can change up, right, you can say you somebody new, you can give yourself a whole new story, but what came first is who you really are and what happened before is what really happened, and it don't matter that some fool say he different cause the only thing that make you different is what you really do, what you really go through. Like, you know, like all the books in his library, now he fronted with all them books but if we pulled one off the shelf ain't none of the pages ever been open. He got all them books and he ain't read nay one of them. Gatsby, he was who he was and did what he did, and because he wasn't ready to get real with the story, that shit caught up to him. I think, anyway.
    -D'Angelo, The Wire

This speech, which is quoted in part in my signature.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

~ Voltaire
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." [AE]

MBTI
    INFP

Others see you as you see yourself.

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."

Einstein.

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

follow your bliss
    -ma boi Jo Campbell.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?