All work no play makes Wu a dull boy.

~Confusious~

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

"‘The best thing for being sad,’ replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, ‘is to learn something. That’s the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then–to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn.’"

T.H. White, The Once and Future King
    Likes Petrahygen liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

“Even if we know the basic ingredients, in a multiverse populated by more than one brane, exotic new scenarios for the geometry of space are conceivable as well as myriad possibilities for how the particles we know and don’t know are distributed among them.” ― Lisa Randall, Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

“Sometimes I have a sense of what I'm seeing being a small fraction of what's there. Not always there, but probably more often than I realize. Something will come up, and I'll realize I'm thinking about the world a little differently than my friends.” – Lisa Randall
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

"There could be a vestige of extra dimensions hidden in your kitchen cabinet." – Lisa Randall

MBTI
    INTJ

“It's hubris to think that the way we see things is everything there is.” – Lisa Randall, Discover Magazine, July 2006

MBTI
    INTJ

Randall, who isn't married and doesn't have children, spends the bulk of her time teaching, writing, and promoting her books. Her personal life is inextricably tied to her work — for which she is unapologetic. "There are women for whom family is a priority, and they do it," she says. "It just wasn't as much a priority for me."

Source: The Formula for Success

No matter how much she bends time, there's no escaping the fact that she's just turned 43 and that if she wants to have kids she's going to have to get on with it soon. "Children are the biggest issue for most women in science," she says, "because, like it or not, society still sees women as the primary carers. Part of me really wants to have children, but another part of me wants to put it off as long as possible, because there is so much more work I want to do and I'm very intolerant of distractions. Like many scientists, I'm something of an obsessive."

Source: Lisa Randall: Warped view of the universe

MBTI
    INTJ

“They swore by concrete. They built for eternity.” ― Gunter Grass

Gryffindor Prefect Array OneLovelyAdventure's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?w? sx

My favorite quote of all time: 2 Corinthians 4

My second favorite quote of all time: "We are all born mad. Some remain so." -- Waiting for Godot, Samuel Beckett

My third favorite quote of all time: Any and all Winnie the Pooh quotes

My fourth favorite quote of all time: Any and all Michael Scott quotes
    "You can't help respecting anybody who can spell 'Tuesday,' even if he doesn't spell it right, but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling 'Tuesday' simply doesn't count." -- Winnie the Pooh

ENFP-T (3w2 or 7w6)-(3w2 or 7w6)-8w7 sx
    Neutral Good | SLUAI | Sanguine-Choleric
    Gryffindor | Wampus
    Sagittarius Sun, Sagittarius Moon, Aquarius Rising

Likes Lark liked this post

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

― Harlan Ellison
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post