User Tag List

Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1133

Thread: Favourite Quotes

MBTI
    INTJ

“Creativity is essential to particle physics, cosmology, and to mathematics, and to other fields of science, just as it is to its more widely acknowledged beneficiaries - the arts and humanities.” – Lisa Randall
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

“I considered going into business or becoming a lawyer - not for the money, but for the thrill of problem-solving.” – Lisa Randall
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

“The uncertainty principle tells us that it would take infinitely long to measure energy (or mass) with infinite precision, and that the longer a particle lasts, the more accurate our measurement of its energy can be. But if the particle is short-lived and its energy cannot possibly be determined with infinite precision, the energy can temporarily deviate from that of a true long-lived particle. In fact, because of the uncertainty principle, particles will do whatever they can get away with for as long as they can.” ― Lisa Randall, Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions

MBTI
    INTJ

“But speculation is the only way to make progress in our understanding.” ― Lisa Randall, Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions

MBTI
    INTJ

“Trillions of solar neutrinos pass through you each second, but interact so weakly that you never notice.” ― Lisa Randall, Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions

MBTI
    INTJ

“The problem is that string theory is defined at an energy scale that is about ten million billion times larger than those we can experimentally explore with our current instruments.” ― Lisa Randall, Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions

MBTI
    INTJ

“When a field takes a nonzero value, the best way to think about it is to imagine space manifesting the charge that the field carries, but not containing any actual particles.” ― Lisa Randall, Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    “What makes me different as a scientist is that I'm kind of imaginative. The ideas just happen.” – Lisa Randall

Perhaps Ni at work?
    Why do you feel the need to approve Ni in everything you find? Posting "favourite" quotes won't make you any more or less "INTJ" than you claim to be. You don't need to keep validating functions within your life to show how much of a special snowflake you are. It comes naturally to everyone.

Just do you. You are more than an INTJ 5w4. You are serenesam! Go out there and show the world what you're made of!

MBTI
    INTJ

“Although there are many possibilities, the branes that will be most interesting to us later on will be the three-dimensional ones. We don’t know why three dimensions should appear to be so special. But branes with three spatial dimensions could be relevant to our world because they could extend along the three spatial dimensions we know. Such branes could appear in a bulk space with any number of dimensions that is more than three—four, five, or more dimensions. Even if the universe does have many dimensions, if the particles and forces with which we are familiar are trapped on a brane that extends in three dimensions, they would still behave as if they lived in only three.” ― Lisa Randall, Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions

Sorry, I have to post one quote at a time to somewhat increase my post count.

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so/sp

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

~edison~

However edison is suspected to have lied a lot, even about someof his inventions, so i am not sure whether he said the above for certain. It's an awesomely motivational quote by the way.