User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: My MBTI family.

MBTI
    ENTP

Default My MBTI family.

This post is about the intertype relationships with in my own family.
    Small family, just 4 of us, but Iíll start with the basics.

INTJ - Father
    ESFP - mother
    INFJ - older brother
    ENTP - me.

INTJ Dad. My father being INTJ and the head of the house hold taught me early in life about the value of manipulating people, mostly my mother for the things I wanted to get "You have to box her in son, let her come to the decision you want her to make on her own, that way she will think itís her own and everyone likes their own ideas more than those of others". My father is an inventor and small business owner. Before that he was an accountant. Loves puzzles and math, taught me the value of schedule.

To give you some example of how J my father really is, you have to take a look into his personal life. INTJ father wakes up at 7:00 sharp every morning for work, takes a 20 min shower, shaves, and dresses, is down stairs eating breakfast at 7:30, on the fucking dot. When we were kids this was a mandatory meeting of the family. Mon-Friday for the first 17 years of my life more or less, I woke up and ate breakfast with my family. No sugar or junk food for breakfast either. Fruit, Orange juice, Milk, and wheaties every fucking morning, on the way to school he would quiz me in math and science questions, without fail. Taught me the value of listening, and the importance of never letting your emotions show in public, he taught me to play chess at a young age, and we discuss string theory and politics during any leisure time. When he dropped me off at college, (this was not a family affair) INTJ dad just drove down with me, gave me 300 dollars cash and hand shake, and then drove home, no hug, nothing F about this man. Not out in the open that is.

He has been married to my ESFP mother for 30 years now. Mom had lead a very typical ESFP life until meeting my INTJ father, she got preggers at 16, kicked out of the house shortly after by HER "intj" father(Grandpa helped build the bomb...) anyways from then she moved around the country doing odd jobs, after her abortion and divorce she randomly moved to Atlanta. Met my father who, at the time was her boss at a local health club. They started dating and got married. This of course only after a year of waiting on my fatherís part after my ESFP mother popped the question.

They got married and had my older brother the INFJ, the very very very strange, INFJ, the tells the future all the fucking time, randomly reads people's actions and motives correctly, just says the most outlandish shit most of the time but a few months down the road sometimes the things he says start to click. Itís hard to explain ill have to make a post about him soon.

2 years after this I was born. Good ole youngest child ENTP. Well mom had a bit of her own way of raising her N children, as any good ESFP, we did new things.... A LOT. I have yet to find someone who's childhood was as jam packed as mine. Soccer, football, basketball, piano lessons, Saxophone lessons, swimming every summer, judo or karate, maybe weíll go on vacation to a place we've never been before and we know no one. My mother is so ESFP looking back it influenced everything we did as children.

ESFP mom: randomly plans trips, she herself travels nonstop, buys terrible gifts for Christmas and birthdays if left to her own accord. Just makes often rash random decisions. ESFP mom is immune to logic, reason, or accountability. Growing up she wasn't very fun, but now that I've gotten a little older sheís not so bad, all I have to do is to start off our conversations with something "new" I've done recently, and its smooth sailing from there.

INFJ brother. Over the winter break I went to stay with my brother in Atlanta. INFJ brother has a huge house due to the fact that my ESFP mother cheated on my INTJ father; they planned for a divorce, then worked things out. So in those weeks where things were not working, INTJ-dad bought a house closer to work of course. It was more efficient than the other house we lived at. Well sine ESFP mom changed her mind about the divorce and they worked things out, (shes so very P) my INFJ brother ended up getting a house to himself.

Well I stayed there during break. Christmas, Halloween and thanksgiving decorations where up all around the house, at the beginning of December, and these decorations stay up year round. During my time staying with my INFJ brother, he would clean my room, do my laundry, make my bed, actually took two big boxes and cleaned EVERYTHING out of my messy car took it and got it detailed, "didn't like having a messy car in his driveway". Works out all the damn time, not because he necessarily likes to work out, but because there is no such thing as free time, when you can be bettering yourself. So he runs 7-10 miles a day. My INFJ brother, who had a bad upbringing, is extremely paranoid and shy. Doesn't like strangers, and honestly I could go on for pages about the strangeness of my INFJ brother, but I'm not going to. Lastly though, I had a big box filled with Magic cards from when We moved, One morning INFJ brother woke me up, exteneded his arm to me like he wanted to hang shake, grabbed my forearm in his fist looked me in the eyes and said " will you go to war with me brother " then he dumped the box on the floor and proceeded to help me organize over 10,000 playing cards, " you gotta be organized, cant have all this clutter everywhere"

So until the MBTI, I just thought that I a huge slacker, every one in the family loves fitness and working out for their own reasons except for me of course.

My ESFP mother loves to exercise because " it makes her feel good " and its just fun to get out and move my body. Really likes games, but isn't very good at them.

My INTJ father realizes the value of exercise and incorporates that into his every day living, he doesn't necessarily like it the same way my mother does, INTJ dad does it because he see's the value in it. He sees logic and reason for keeping one's self in shape.

My INFJ brother, exercises because he can not fathom wasting time, if he has free time, he is bettering himself, reading, learning a new skill, trying to help people.

And I ENTP find it boring and a chore that I must do to stay in shape, I see all the reasons for doing it, I just don't seem to care. I do it enough, to stay fit, just nothing with the obsession that they do it with.

oh one final note about each of them

ESFP mom loves animals, when growing up we had so many dogs and cats it was almost unbearable.

INTJ dad loves to read and learn but only things he considers applicable to his life.

INFJ brother refused to discipline my cat when he was being bad and i quote " I wouldn't hit your kids, I'm not going to flick your cat in the nose." Also at 25 he has never smoked, done any drug, or been drunk once. Not morally against those actions, just doesn't see the value in doing them himself.

And me. The ENTP, These factors in my life have helped me to become more well rounded as a person, but I'm still pretty ENTP. Oh on a final note. The only person in the family to believe in any type of God, is my ESFP mother.

in before TLDR

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Your family is way more interesting than mine.

MBTI
    ISFJ

and these decorations stay up year round.
    Awesome.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Awesome.

We have a ghoul that hangs from the only tree in our front yard, also he keeps a 3 foot tall butler in the living room next to the Christmas tree. He changes the hats he puts on this thing, and if I move the hat slightly , while I'm sleeping he changes the hat back.

INFJ older brother, i really cant say much else.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
    Your family is way more interesting than mine.

I'm really shocked any one read that whole thing.

MBTI
    INTP

I read it too. You write well.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I read it too. You write well.

Jawsome, thanks.

MBTI
    INTP

That was a really interesting read, Nickels. You should keep going.

I would have killed my brother if he'd woken me up to throw MY stuff around and make me organize it. How did you react?
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    That was a really interesting read, Nickels. You should keep going.

I would have killed my brother if he'd woken me up to throw MY stuff around and make me organize it. How did you react?

Well, If I didn't know he is INFJ I would have been really upset, but he viewed it as doing me a favor, and I can't complain about having a clean car/room and it's not like he took anything, *shrug* hard to say how I felt about it. I think if it had been almost any one else I would have been upset.

That was very interesting.