User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    CEO of Xerox is a woman [I know her son], does that make her a man?

I'm with Magic. It's the frank and the beans. I don't see how I can get into metaphysical essences of "man" without using stereotypes and gender roles to prove it so...not sure where to go with this.
    I thought that went without saying. Aside from how you were born, power makes the man. Let me stress out how I don't just mean the power in the classic sense. It could be strength, it could be charm, it could be influence etc

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    I guess I desreve that after asking it to be so literal and taken at face value.

What about the metaphorical/metaphysical idea of a man to you?
    Outside the joke based on obviousness, I have no place here. I do not have a concept of metaphysical man. Neither man nor woman is an essence, and I basically think all attempts to define the essence of a male or female persona are intrinsically bullshit.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

I don't know... strength and understanding I would say.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Outside the joke based on obviousness, I have no place here. I do not have a concept of metaphysical man. Neither man nor woman is an essence, and I basically think all attempts to define the essence of a male or female persona are intrinsically bullshit.
    Well, to be fair, me too. I was just trying to reply to the topic. The question is wrong in the first place, so it gets a wrong answer.

deleted

The 2nd and 3rd post explain the answer perfectly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Thank you all. Silly me, for putting a disclaimer in the front when I already knew that people were going to piss all over this thread like a urnial cake anyway. Resident cynics you have done your job, *clap* *clap* *clap*

Anyway, I personally have never thought about the topic in detail before, but one of the things my father instilled in me is that a man is a master of his domain and is responsible for everyone and everything in it. If you have children or a spouse, than you must be willing to die for them because they are your responsibility. How bout dem apples to show you what kind of answer I am looking for.

Women, if you are into men, what do you want in your ideal man?

Men, what type of qualities that you deem manly do you wish you had?
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    +1

Metaphysical man would be my kind of superhero though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

deleted

man -noun, an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    man -noun, an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.
    Is that the only thing a man is to you?
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Thank you all. Silly me, for putting a disclaimer in the front when I already knew that people were going to piss all over this thread like a urnial cake anyway. Resident cynics you have done your job, *clap* *clap* *clap*

Anyway, I personally have never thought about the topic in detail before, but one of the things my father instilled in me is that a man is a master of his domain and is responsible for everyone and everything in it. If you have children or a spouse, than you must be willing to die for them because they are your responsibility. How bout dem apples to show you what kind of answer I am looking for.

Women, if you are into men, what do you want in your ideal man?

Men, what type of qualities that you deem manly do you wish you had?
    i can agree with that definition but feel a bit lopsided about it because i feel the same is true for the woman...but possibly in a different way??

so...i'm trying to figure out what distinguishes the two...ya know? what qualities do i think a man should have that doesn't also apply to a woman...that's hard because...i think both need strength and responsibility and protectiveness...so....i'll think more.

----------------
    Now playing: The Kooks - Do You Wanna
    via FoxyTunes