User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    It's a numbers game.
    I can accept this, as a reality --- but it doesn't speak well for feminism, and it is intellectually and emotionally untenable.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Keywords: Radical. Lesbian.
    Not representative.
    I didn't say she was, I am just saying what type of feminist pisses me off. You asked how feminism can be damaging or such, and I replied with a damaging form of it, that is all that happened.

The thinking before I post thing is going to be hard for an Ne dominant type, the ideas spew out of my like projectile vomit and projectile diarrhea from a cholera patient.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INXP

Being male is a question of gender.

As to "what makes a man".. what makes a man what?

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    In terms of rights/respect/nuance/freedom... feminism has perhaps been the best movement women as a group have ever benefited from.
    I'm pleased I'm not not the only man here to think this way too. Feminism is probably the most influential movement of the XXth century, and hence the most important event of our recent history, the real meaning to the word "revolution".

But feminism still has lot of fights to win.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwC0iWMQ2oM&fmt=18"]What Makes a Man[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

What makes a man instead of a boy? Probably sheer responsibility. A higher level of social maturity?

Taking the lead - and knowing when to follow. Ability to take risks. Perseverance. Idealism???

Servant-leadership.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Being male is a question of gender.

As to "what makes a man".. what makes a man what?

I interpret the question as being, "What characteristics of a male constitute a man?" ie, a reasonable exemplar of manhood?

MBTI
    INFP

Someone who is capable of having an equal relationship with me. Some men aren't able to do that. They're hung up on either leading or having to follow.

In my life it has worked that sometimes I lead when we're in the areas I'm best at and other times he leads when the situation is reversed.

Both of us have learned that this exchange of roles does not mean that one of us is less than.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    they say they want sensitivity, respect, sexual parity, etc, and we communicate these up front --- and then they go home with the self-absorbed alpha jerk who treats them horribly in the long run ...
    I'd say you blame the traditionalist women who are not "feminist" enough...

Do I feel a paradox?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

I've seen a few well thought out replies here, but most comments have been complete bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    Because it isn't their nature to LEAD in a romantic relationship.

THIS is one of the major problems in relationships today......men have lost their balls.....society as a whole suffers for it....

Deep down, women resent a man that makes them lead.

Sorry ladies.......

First...no one said anything about being 'the boss'.....that is insane.

However, you can do tons of research to find that women prefer men who lead. I'm not making it up off the top of my head. Women tend to resent guys who let them make all the decisions.....from finances to entertainment.

I can't tell you how often I hear women at work, etc. tell me "he lets me do everything.....for once I would like him to have a plan"

A romantic relationship should be a partnership...not a dictatorship. I wasn't insinuating that......

But I firmly believe men should be men. Feminism has hurt relationships.....its gone just as far the wrong way.....
    We share the same view on this topic (hold that thought*), but I have a slightly different view. One cannot take for granted that a man is masculine and a woman is feminine. It's the attraction between the masculine and the feminine that is important, regardless of who is masculine and who is feminine.

But I firmly believe men should be men. Feminism has hurt relationships.....its gone just as far the wrong way.....
    I agree with all of this, especially the feminism part - if by "feminism" we mean that women should be the dominant in society and relationships.

* In the process of giving women equal rights, men somehow gave their balls to women aswell. For this reason they are weak and define themselves as men by how big their dick is, how many women they have slept with, or other outward symbols of socially valuable bullshit items - not by who they are, their principles/values, their integrity and their purpose in life. They lack a backbone and would probably pee their pants before they even dared to approach a very attractive woman, but that is a slightly different issue.

I have gotten to know hundreds of males throughout my entire life, but less than 5 people have qualified as "real men", men who have a sense of purpose in life, who have a solid identity, who don't seek outward approval for who they are, who are strong and confident in themselves, who are intelligent, wise and mature..

Where the male population of the modern world stands now, is quite pathetic, really.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate