User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Wow ... I somehow mistook all of this for serious discussion ...

I am so sorry arch, it was, but then it was derailed off topic so much, I couldn't help but to add my own flavor, but thats it. That was the last derail.

So guys, what makes a man in your opinion?

Is it sleazy, lazy, cowardice as blackmail sees it, or is it honarable courageous and strong as desparado is fighting for? Or is it something totally different.

For the ladies, what kind of man do you fantasize sweeping you off your feet and please don't say Ron Jeremy.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It was one, but it got too tense, hence the ENXP is tossing around jokes (while refusing to admit that he's an ENTP )
    You mean "he" has already reached "his" asexual state?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    You mean "he" has already reached "his" asexual state?
    Last I heard he was very dedicated to that goal, however he was not really there yet...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm a guy, and actually really interested in the topic. I do lots of public speaking, and I'm designing a new seminar on the subject of male/female introduction and its rules. So the concept of "what makes a man," in the eyes of both men and women, is of great interest to me at the moment ...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    I am so sorry arch, it was, but then it was derailed off topic so much, I couldn't help but to add my own flavor, but thats it. That was the last derail.

So guys, what makes a man in your opinion?

Is it sleazy, lazy, cowardice as blackmail sees it, or is it honarable courageous and strong as desparado is fighting for? Or is it something totally different.

For the ladies, what kind of man do you fantasize sweeping you off your feet and please don't say Ron Jeremy.
    I admit I turn into a mushy puddle for the stereotypical tough/bad guy with a tender heart and high moral standards
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Last I heard he was very dedicated to that goal, however he was not really there yet...
    Resists temptation to derail again . . . ok arch, I am so sorry but I must . .

Amargith is right, I still haven't commited matricide at the moment in order to steal her womb and have someone implant in me.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I'm a guy, and actually really interested in the topic. I do lots of public speaking, and I'm designing a new seminar on the subject of male/female introduction and its rules. So the concept of "what makes a man," in the eyes of both men and women, is of great interest to me at the moment ...

Go on man, hit us up with your insight.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    Because it isn't their nature to LEAD in a romantic relationship.

THIS is one of the major problems in relationships today......men have lost their balls.....society as a whole suffers for it....

Deep down, women resent a man that makes them lead.
    I don't find this offensive. I'm inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    But I firmly believe men should be men. Feminism has hurt relationships.....its gone just as far the wrong way.....
    Explain why feminism is to blame, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post

Is it sleazy, lazy, cowardice as blackmail sees it,
    I did not say that, but I would rather suggest that there are as many definitions than there are men on earth.

This thread is supposed to define stereotypical gender roles, so I'd say the references used are rather cultural. And as you may be aware of it (or not), most cultural references are in fact arbitrary.

---

So, what makes a man?

Anything that works!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFJ

I think that what men are/should be, and what women want men to be, are not too far apart. In an epoch when we are no longer de facto tribes huntering and gatherering, and survival resources are not an issue, the physical markers that women scan for are essentially meaningless. But strength and self-confidence are still the go-to's from both sides, and a deep repository of humor is a good sign of a relaxed and fun future. Can't hold it against 'em for wanting that.

But the idiotic rituals we design, from high school on, for parsing these traits are unreliable and nonsensical. There has got to be a better way for arriving at a useful shared definition of manhood, and a useful, agreed-upon means of detecting it ...