User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

If women want to take the 'lead' in the relationship.....there is going to be tons of problems....
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INFP

Someone should make a what makes a woman thread!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    If women want to take the 'lead' in the relationship.....there is going to be tons of problems....
    Err...why is that?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Someone should make a what makes a woman thread!
    Grin, yes it does seem overdue, with all the remarks that are flying about here.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Err...why is that?
    Because it isn't their nature to LEAD in a romantic relationship.

THIS is one of the major problems in relationships today......men have lost their balls.....society as a whole suffers for it....

Deep down, women resent a man that makes them lead.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

THIS is one of the major problems in relationships today......men have lost their balls.....society as a whole suffers for it....

you did NOT just say that!?

every couple is different and just because it's not "natural" in the sense of how things appear on tv and in the movies and such doesn't mean that it's not perfectly natural for the couple!

In my family the female has traditionally controlled the relationship and it seems to work out very well- we're speaking 50+ years of marriage and such from the women who are in control versus the much lower rate from those who don't

I want a partner- not a boss. My ex made the mistake of thinking that my more laid back style meant that I wanted him to be in control of things- he was wrong and he's now an EX (notably, he was a deranged ENFJ )

That comment was a throwback to the 50s if anything here has been at all... a man needs a backbone, but so does the woman or it's not going to work out
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Owww Desperado... Tell me you're just messing with us..

Actually, I prefer to split the responsibilities/power down the middle. He takes care of certain things that he's better at, and I take care of other things. This way we both have equal authority and there's no confusion about who takes the lead and who deals with what.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFJ

Sorry ladies.......

First...no one said anything about being 'the boss'.....that is insane.

However, you can do tons of research to find that women prefer men who lead. I'm not making it up off the top of my head. Women tend to resent guys who let them make all the decisions.....from finances to entertainment.

I can't tell you how often I hear women at work, etc. tell me "he lets me do everything.....for once I would like him to have a plan"

A romantic relationship should be a partnership...not a dictatorship. I wasn't insinuating that......

But I firmly believe men should be men. Feminism has hurt relationships.....its gone just as far the wrong way.....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Self-respect and integrity, imho.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Sorry ladies.......

First...no one said anything about being 'the boss'.....that is insane.

However, you can do tons of research to find that women prefer men who lead. I'm not making it up off the top of my head. Women tend to resent guys who let them make all the decisions.....from finances to entertainment.

I can't tell you how often I hear women at work, etc. tell me "he lets me do everything.....for once I would like him to have a plan"

A romantic relationship should be a partnership...not a dictatorship. I wasn't insinuating that......

But I firmly believe men should be men. Feminism has hurt relationships.....its gone just as far the wrong way.....

It's not an either/or, sweety. Yes, a guy who can take charge is an asset, yes wusses are frustrating, but that doesn't mean we want the guy to always take charge and always decide stuff. If you happen to suck at organizing stuff and your SO is a bonafide organisational wiz, you'd be a stupid man to insist on taking the lead on that and keeping it under your control, sorry. For that matter, it takes a real man to recognize that, step aside and trust your SO with this while making sure she feels validated for her skill. And meanwhile, it means you don't have to worry about yet another thing and can take a load off. Everybody wins
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★