User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Oberon

The other day I told my three-year-old a story about a little princess who lived in a castle. Her best friend is a big dog named Sniffy, who always says "Woof!" (which is dog language for whatever Sniffy means to say at that particular moment).

This was a bedtime story, and in it the princess threw a tea party. The guests at the party included Sniffy, the chambermaid, the footman, two dolls, one teddy bear, an owl from the forest, and the dragon who lives on the other side of the hill.

Daughter liked the story a lot. In her opinion it was one of the better of perhaps thirty Sniffy stories that I have made up on the spot at various times.

ENTPs aren't the best fathers overall, I think, but we are a lot of fun at times.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    The other day I told my three-year-old a story about a little princess who lived in a castle. Her best friend is a big dog named Sniffy, who always says "Woof!" (which is dog language for whatever Sniffy means to say at that particular moment).

This was a bedtime story, and in it the princess threw a tea party. The guests at the party included Sniffy, the chambermaid, the footman, two dolls, one teddy bear, an owl from the forest, and the dragon who lives on the other side of the hill.

Daughter liked the story a lot. In her opinion it was one of the better of perhaps thirty Sniffy stories that I have made up on the spot at various times.

ENTPs aren't the best fathers overall, I think, but we are a lot of fun at times.
    Man this was an awsome post, do you have any other kids?
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Man this was an awsome post, do you have any other kids?
    I do, three others, ages 14, 13, and 9 (girl, boy, boy).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

My INTP dad used to tell stories to us when we were kids- they mostly involved animals tricking each other to avoid being eaten and such. You just reminded me of that there Oberon!

I'm going with Trinity there though- a good dad is one who's willing to put in the effort to be a good dad- same goes for a good mom. My dad was a wonderful father, and still is, but I know that plenty of other people think that thier dads are as well.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My ISTP dad was great. He gave me room to grow as an individual, and supported me in what I wanted to do. I still live with him, we usually talk for about 15-30 minutes a day then leave each other be unless we want to go out and do something.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

INFP.

He'll stay the fuck out of my way.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Maybe ENTJ, he could totally dad it up then.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

I do, three others, ages 14, 13, and 9 (girl, boy, boy).
    Well, since I plan on being a dad and I am an ENTP and I am probably hunting for an IxFJ, could you shed light on how this kind of stuff works out. Doy you think the older kids think you are awsome and what are you strengths and what do you percieve as your faults?

thanks for all the input in advance and have fun and go at it, I want to read as much as you can spew at me.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    ...I want to read as much as you can spew at me.
    Oh, you didn't...

You're just lucky I'm supposed to be working, that's all I've got to say.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Oh, you didn't...

You're just lucky I'm supposed to be working, that's all I've got to say.
    Does that mean you're going to give us a good old random ENTP thought train? If so, please do, and I am so looking forward to this, I really am.