First 567

Thread: You're so...

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Are these chicks telling you you are cute pre, or post coitus.

If they are telling you you are cute prior to having sex with you they are probably subconsciously signaling to you that they are not interested.

I tend to put the, "oh, he so darn cute" guys in the friend category.
    Seems to be pretty common practice.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP

I tend to get that a decent amount and I'm not necessarily relegated. I wouldn't stick around anyways. I'm initially distant and not accessible so if I'm out there I'm pretty sure there is some interest. I think a lot of the times in my case it's more due to my awkwardness in certain situations, shyness, or the fact that I have a young looking face.

The context and the way you react or act is more indicative of what was meant.

Is it in passing, frequent, isolated, after a certain act, said very generally or without expression, focused intently on you?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I tend to get that a decent amount and I'm not necessarily relegated. I wouldn't stick around anyways. I'm initially distant and not accessible so if I'm out there I'm pretty sure there is some interest. I think a lot of the times in my case it's more due to my awkwardness in certain situations, shyness, or the fact that I have a young looking face.

The context and the way you react or act is more indicative of what was meant.

Is it in passing, frequent, isolated, after a certain act, said very generally or without expression, focused intently on you?
    You're so... is
    Frequent. When I'm clowning around. Which is pretty frequent.

Cute? Isolated, after no act, focused on me. Infrequent.

MBTI
    INTP

Probably your mannerisms. Just the way you are, someone who is fun to be around. Enjoys your company and you entertain them. At ease with you and doesn't necessarily feel the need to put up an "act." I don't see it as particularly bad if you can leverage the situation. Obviously you're married so that doesn't really matter but as long as you don't act effeminate it's not a concern. Just a way to show appreciation about you.

I mean if you were to show that you were spineless and obsessive around them, and were willing to engage in frequent "girly" chats with them, then yeah you might be put into the "nice but not EVER getting any, nor necessarily attractive" category. I'm assuming you're not like that so there shouldn't be much to worry about.

From my perspective I don't really care because I don't radiate a needy vibe at all to girls I like. I have the latter problem of not being able to consciously show or being willing to accept that I might. Really, though, at the end of the day any attention and compliments towards some aspect of me by girls isn't something I'm terribly against.

As long as you're not getting an eye roll and stutter precluding "you're so cute."
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Probably your mannerisms. Just the way you are, someone who is fun to be around. Enjoys your company and you entertain them. At ease with you and doesn't necessarily feel the need to put up an "act." I don't see it as particularly bad if you can leverage the situation. Obviously you're married so that doesn't really matter but as long as you don't act effeminate it's not a concern. Just a way to show appreciation about you.

I mean if you were to show that you were spineless and obsessive around them, and were willing to engage in frequent "girly" chats with them, then yeah you might be put into the "nice but not EVER getting any, nor necessarily attractive" category. I'm assuming you're not like that so there shouldn't be much to worry about.

From my perspective I don't really care because I don't radiate a needy vibe at all to girls I like. I have the latter problem of not being able to consciously show or being willing to accept that I might. Really, though, at the end of the day any attention and compliments towards some aspect of me by girls isn't something I'm terribly against.

As long as you're not getting an eye roll and stutter precluding "you're so cute."
    I was just curious you know...

Thanks for the thoughtful answer.