User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: You're so...

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that (maybe its a language thing). I'm likely to tell a guy he's endearing, adorable, cute, but that's coz they blush so nicely when you do Also, coz I'm being honest. It means I am genuinly intrigued by them. Now, does that mean I'm automatically interested in them as more than a friend? No. It means that so far I like them. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I like his pheromones.
    Let me put it this way...have you ever genuinely loved someone and acted so upfront as to call him cute in advance? A man might do that, but from my (admittedly) limited experience, girls don't usually act that aggressively unless they are looking for something fleeting.

And personally I prefer the pretend tough guy who cannot hide his endearing side
    Well I kinda am that guy and I'd feel kindda disappointed if I were called that by a girl I fell for. (in fact that has happened in the past...I knew right there and then she would never admire me; and I think that is very important) I mean, whether my tough guy act is real or not, unless it's a joke of sorts, they probably know that calling me cute is going to hit me were it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    The thinking goes girls like the tough guys.

Maybe some actually do like the nice guys. I know my wife does.
    I'm sure you didn't win her over wearing your emotions and your empathy on your sleeve though. Well, obviously I'm not really sure but ...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Let me put it this way...have you ever genuinely loved someone and acted so upfront as to call him cute in advance? A man might do that, but from my (admittedly) limited experience, girls don't usually act that aggressively unless they are looking for something fleeting.

Well I kinda am that guy and I'd feel kindda disappointed if I were called that by a girl I fell for. (in fact that has happened in the past...I knew right there and then she would never admire me; and I think that is very important) I mean, whether my tough guy act is real or not, unless it's a joke of sorts, they probably know that calling me cute is going to hit me were it hurts.
    Yes, I have I fell in love with them later on. For me, it's like giving them any other compliment. And I don't do empty compliments. It means I already admire them. Didn't realize it was such a sensitive subject for guys...

Edit: I actually have an extremely hot male friend who is the summum of cuteness. And the only reason he ever has a girlfriend is because the girls basically pick him up. I haven't known him to be without a gf yet...He has mastered what I call the 'puppy-look'. Personally, not my thing, but plenty of bioclocks go off when girls meet him, trust me..
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

All this "tough guy" vs "cute guy" vs "nice guy" crap is garbage. The trick is to know when to be every type of guy. I'm terrible at flirting and courting but once I'm actually in a relationship and get to know the person it's easy to gauge which one to be.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Yes, I have I fell in love with them later on. For me, it's like giving them any other compliment. And I don't do empty compliments. It means I already admire them. Didn't realize it was such a sensitive subject for guys...
    Well it's not like I'll get depressed if you call me cute. But "cute" does sound a bit shallow. For a (pseudo) tough guy, if you are playing the rock part and girls have the balls to approach you and call you cute then you are not doing your job right. The girl who called you "cute" obviously isn't interested in you, in a way that makes her feel nervous around your (i.e. the good way that is)See what I mean? It's okay to call me cute using your eyes, but saying it out loud, if I have feelings for you in the first place, can be painful.

If it's a girl I have no interest in, cute might be a compliment, but it's a sure way to tell the girl isn't seriously interested in you. That's how I see it anyway.

Edit: I actually have an extremely hot male friend who is the summum of cuteness. And the only reason he ever has a girlfriend is because the girls basically pick him up. I haven't known him to be without a gf yet...He has mastered what I call the 'puppy-look'. Personally, not my thing, but plenty of bioclocks go off when girls meet him, trust me..
    Oh but I do believe you. But that's just it - has he ever been in a meaningful relationship or does he keep bouncing back and forth between different girls that realize "cute" gets old fast ?

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    All this "tough guy" vs "cute guy" vs "nice guy" crap is garbage. The trick is to know when to be every type of guy. I'm terrible at flirting and courting but once I'm actually in a relationship and get to know the person it's easy to gauge which one to be.
    Have you ever fallen head over heels for someone and approached her by being cute? I don't know about you, but I get nervous near girls I really like...

If I want a one night stand though, there are no real rules.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Well it's not like I'll get depressed if you call me cute. But "cute" does sound a bit shallow. For a (pseudo) tough guy, if you are playing the rock part and girls have the balls to approach you and call you cute then you are not doing your job right. The girl who called you "cute" obviously isn't interested in you, in a way that makes her feel nervous around your (i.e. the good way that is)See what I mean? It's okay to call me cute using your eyes, but saying it out loud, if I have feelings for you in the first place, can be painful.

Euhm, I enjoy doing that..maybe I shouldn't. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate his tough act, on the contrary. I enjoy a man who can take charge, but its reassuring to see that he has a tender heart and a vulnerable side. At that point, I'm just messing with you and that means you make me feel comfortable and safe enough to do so

Oh but I do believe you. But that's just it - has he ever been in a meaningful relationship or does he keep bouncing back and forth between different girls that realize "cute" gets old fast
    Actually, he has had one short term relationship, one of 3 years, and recently married his 3 girlfriend after dating her for five years...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ISFJ

Okay, okay you win

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Okay, okay you win
    Yes! I won..euhm, now what? This is strangely unsettling...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ISFJ

Yes! I won..euhm, now what? This is strangely unsettling...
    Now, I go around asking girls if they find me cute and telling them "does that mean that you don't 'not love' me??!!" regardless of the answer! Oh the possibilities!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Back to the original question, I think the 'You're so...' means you've done something so absolutely baffling that words can't even begin to describe it.

Whether or not this is a good thing depends on you, really.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

The proper response to the unfinished statement is always

"A little less conversation, a little more action!"