User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: You're so...

MBTI
    yupp

because I get called sweet all the time, and it gets old after awhile.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    because I get called sweet all the time, and it gets old after awhile.
    Might have something to do with your avatar. It's irresistable
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFJ

Outside of Japan, in western society, "cute" is a derogatory term used by women which basically means you don't have a chance of ever being in a serious relationship with them. Women don't fall for cute guys. They fall for handsome and/or charismatic and/or weird(mysterious?) guys. They might like to "fool around" with a cute guy, though.

In Japan...hhmmm...I'd say it means they want to have kinky sex with you. Japanese girls are generally more insecure so if they use a term with connotations of insecurity that's a hint that if they were ever to consider having a relationship with you they'd be in charge.

i.e. Dunno.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Outside of Japan, in western society, "cute" is a derogatory term used by women which basically means you don't have a chance of ever being in a serious relationship with them. Women don't fall for cute guys. They fall for handsome and/or charismatic and/or weird(mysterious?) guys. They might like to "fool around" with a cute guy, though.

In Japan...hhmmm...I'd say it means they want to have kinky sex with you. Japanese girls are generally more insecure so if they use a term with connotations of insecurity that's a hint that if they were ever to consider having a relationship with you they'd be in charge.

i.e. Dunno.
    ??? Ok, then I must've grown up outside of western society. When I tell a guy I find him cute, he's caught my attention, I more than likely find him endearing and intriguing and it's more significant than the superficial: "Hansom dude, wouldn't kick him out of bed."-thing.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTP

i.e. Dunno.
    I don't think we can ignore the pragmatics of the situation. While "cute" has taken on a negative meaning in regards to how likely it is a guy is going to get laid, context still plays a large role in the intended meaning.

Of course, the word cute has connotations of softness and youth. I think rounded edges big eyes and dimples when I think cute. It's not the stereotypical masculine draw, now is it?

i.e. Dunno.
    I'm talking about when I was in NZ. Godzone Now and again I'd be called cute.

Actually come to think of it I was called cute once or twice here too.

Japanese girls are not more insecure that's a lure to pull in the big fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ??? Ok, then I must've grown up outside of western society. When I tell a guy I find him cute, he's caught my attention, I more than likely find him endearing and intriguing and it's more significant than the superficial: "Hansom dude, wouldn't kick him out of bed."-thing.
    That's what women told me it meant.
    Guys think it's Sytpg's story.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    |
    |
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    Of course, the word cute has connotations of softness and youth. I think rounded edges big eyes and dimples when I think cute. It's not the stereotypical masculine draw, now is it?
    Amargith, obviously there are exceptions, but I think generally girls still like the stereotypical tough guy. I don't mean "brute", simply "secure" (as opposed to insecure).

I mean, would you ever call a guy "endearing" instead of "cute"?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Japanese girls are not more insecure that's a lure to pull in the big fish.
    Well, I have no doubt it's a faade but that's exactly why it makes it even stranger for them to say it out loud.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

|
    Amargith, obviously there are exceptions, but I think generally girls still like the stereotypical tough guy. I don't mean "brute", simply "secure" (as opposed to insecure).

I mean, would you ever call a guy "endearing" instead of "cute"?
    Not sure what you mean by that (maybe its a language thing). I'm likely to tell a guy he's endearing, adorable, cute, but that's coz they blush so nicely when you do Also, coz I'm being honest. It means I am genuinly intrigued by them. Now, does that mean I'm automatically interested in them as more than a friend? No. It means that so far I like them. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I like his pheromones.

And personally I prefer the pretend tough guy who cannot hide his endearing side
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

The thinking goes girls like the tough guys.

Maybe some actually do like the nice guys. I know my wife does.