User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you spend your money on?

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    per month

Rent - 570
    car payment - 236
    utilities - probably around 140 average
    after-school child care - 105
    phone/internet - 75
    gas - lately with the price drop, it's probably around 60-70
    sponsored child with Compassion International - 32
    car insurance - 30
    Jim Rome Streamlink membership - 6.95

most of the rest goes to food for me and my son, with some other occasional expenses like fees for sports he plays, field trips for school and other school fundraiser stuff, random gifts for people when i feel like it, random gifts for myself when i feel like it, car maintenance, uhhhh...I'm probably forgetting something but I dunno...
    $570 a month on rent...I need to move to Texas! I also love the $30 on car insurance...mine is roughly $120 a month

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lol, in the united states healthcare is considered as something nice to have, jesus, that's like a 3rd world country
    Er, I'm not in the US. I live in a country with a pretty good public healthcare system. Medical insurance for me is not an essential and I could easily do without it. I just have basic hospital cover because of our annoying tax system, but if I ever need emergency surgery, I'd choose to go in as a public patient and it would be free.

Going to the doctor of my choice costs me very little (less than the cost of a full-priced CD). All my prescriptions are capped at the cost of a CD. I get free eye checks and blood tests. etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I could rent out the second room too, now (I need to clean up A LOT).
    That was another thing I was going to suggest. When we were looking for a place to buy, I always had in the back of my mind that if the worst came to the worst, we could always rent out a spare room to help with the mortgage. much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

I wish my bank did the pie chart for me.

My cost of living is ridiculously low right now -- or was. Rent and utilities that I pay now is ridiculously reasonable for the posh popular and convenient area I live in. We have communal meals 5 times a week and there used to be abundant leftovers. So I rarely eat out and never for just myself. I can still eat out 2x a week and stay well under budget. My entertainment bills are pretty low because there are always free house parties, dinner parties, game nights, and basically free social entertainment. Gay clubs are usually cheap or free and I will *rarely* voluntarily spend $10 or more for any entertainment whether it's a movie, music show, entrance fee. I have a 6 disc Netflix plan a posh gym that I spend a lot of time in. I find most of my clothes on ebay or on sale or in the junior's section or discounters so I save a lot of money that way. High class living for less! LOL.

I would say on my meager temping budget -

28% goes to rent and utilities
    21% goes to food (cooking as well as eating out)
    10% goes to entertainment and going out this includes net flix
    10% to unnecessary but appreciated leisure/excercise like health club, boat rental, rock climbing class
    7% goes to transportation (I DESPISE dc cab drivers and I walk as much as possible)
    24% ??? Disappears like water - gifts, alcohol, buying a phone charger that I lost, clothes, makeup, postage, music, plane tickets, cabin rental, car rental, etc.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

lol at above

and i spend my money on food, gas, and school
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1