User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Ghosts

MBTI
    I

Default Ghosts

Are they real? Any experiences with them? I personally am a believer.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Never experienced anything personally. My father has claimed to have seen one before though. And my mother says she was almost hit with a tape measurer that no one had moved
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

oh I definitely believe in ghosts and spirits and whatnot. It's creeps me out but I love watching those ghost hunting shows and whatnot. I want a job working at T.A.P.S their headquarters are right down the road from me!

MBTI
    ISFJ

The question is : what's a ghost?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    The question is : what's a ghost?
    hmm good question. I think a ghost is a "spirit" that has yet to cross over and has had something traumatic happen to them so they can't rest in peace.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    oh I definitely believe in ghosts and spirits and whatnot. It's creeps me out but I love watching those ghost hunting shows and whatnot. I want a job working at T.A.P.S their headquarters are right down the road from me!
    Yeah, "A Haunting" is my favorite. Not as big a fan of "Ghost Hunters" though. But A Haunting depicts real cases with spirits/ghosts, unlike Ghost Hunters which almost never finds anything.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my sisters and i are convinced we saw some in this hotel we stayed at in eureka springs when we were little....i remember seeing a lil girl in the elevator...but now looking back i have a hard time knowing for sure if it was just kids with an overactive imagination...but we all remember it very vividly....so i don't know.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yeah, "A Haunting" is my favorite. Not as big a fan of "Ghost Hunters" though. But A Haunting depicts real cases with spirits/ghosts, unlike Ghost Hunters which almost never finds anything.
    hmm I don't think i've seen that before...I don't have cable at my house so I haven't seen many ghost shows but I find it all very interesting. I only know what TAPS is from friends and driving by it all the time.

I'd like to know what it's like to be a psychic or medium and help spirits and such. I don't think i'd like that gift forever but to experience it would be interesting.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
    hmm good question. I think a ghost is a "spirit" that has yet to cross over and has had something traumatic happen to them so they can't rest in peace.
    I'm always amazed at how people seem to see ghosts differently depending on where they are from. A ghost in Japan, a ghost in Etopia and a ghost in Romania take different forms...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I'm always amazed at how people seem to see ghosts differently depending on where they are from. A ghost in Japan, a ghost in Etopia and a ghost in Romania take different forms...
    exactly... convergence and consistency are completely lacking (aka shitty method of gathering evidence)

generally I put science ahead of "experience" in truth proving methods because science generally tries to converge on a consistent and repeatable "experiences (plural)". So as science says, "ghosts probably aren't real", its making that assumption on a number of "experiences" rather than on a few hearsay "experiences".

I dont doubt that some people have actually had the individual experience of paranormal. The fact that they aren't repeatable, consistent or convergent leads me to believe that they are the results of: stress (dopamine fluctuations), electromagnetism spikes (near fault lines and even bad electricity), noxious fumes etc... Also, a feed back mechanism can occur. Where a non ghost believer would hear a noise and not freak out, a believer might freak out and work himself up so much that his mind then constructs what he believes to be there...