User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Ghosts

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    The question is : what's a ghost?
    In the reports there seem to be at least two kinds. Ghosts that seem to have a "life" of their own, and ghosts that always just repeat the same behavior patterns, as though they are more of a visual or psychic "echo".

They've been "explained away" by various means.

Sometimes people who are being hidden away from persecutors, who stay in attics and basements Anne Frank-style, are seen at night in the process of trying to get food or whatever, and this was covered up by the protectors, or others, talking of "hauntings" that had been going on a while.

Other explanations involve schizophrenia or various mental aberrations that would allow for perceiving inner discord as being outer world intrusions. In fact, long ago, "messages" from the "ego" and "superego" may have been thought of as God(s) speaking to oneself, even by those who were mentally "healthy".
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yes, I do believe in them. I have had one experience that was...interesting, but as far as I know that was something else still, though I'm not sure. Still, whether a ghost or another presence, it was there. As far as I'm concerned, ghosts are just another species of spirits that populate our planet.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFj

Ok here is a story, back in 1997 at around 7:00 pm our family (5 of us) were sitting in the living room watching TV. The rest of the house was dark and there was obiously no one else there. Than all of a sudden we heard some dishes break in the kitchen right next to us. We went and check out what happened and all the dishes were perfectly fine, all of a sudden the whole kitchen started to smell like flowers and candles with no apparent reason. After that we heard someone slam the bathroom door, so I went and checked it and the door was wide open and handn't been moved. 3 minutes latter my aunt called to tell us that my grandmother had just died. Coincidence?
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

I don't believe in ghosts, spirts or anything similar. I think I am a way too scientific/skeptical person for this kinds of things.

Also I think that people believe in them because they are intrigued by the idea and they like the stories about them.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Ok here is a story, back in 1997 at around 7:00 pm our family (5 of us) were sitting in the living room watching TV. The rest of the house was dark and there was obiously no one else there. Than all of a sudden we heard some dishes break in the kitchen right next to us. We went and check out what happened and all the dishes were perfectly fine, all of a sudden the whole kitchen started to smell like flowers and candles with no apparent reason. After that we heard someone slam the bathroom door, so I went and checked it and the door was wide open and handn't been moved. 3 minutes latter my aunt called to tell us that my grandmother had just died. Coincidence?
    I had a similar experience. I was alone in the house of a friend of mine and doing a fire meditation, when all of the sudden my entire body started to tremble and had goosebumps all over. You know that feeling that you get when someone is standing right behind you even though you haven't seen or heard them yet? That's what it was, combined with a sense of danger. Suddenly I heard the distinct sound of a camera clicking, several times, in the kitchen, two rooms over. I know for a fact I was alone, and that no one could've made that noise. I ended the meditation quickly and quietly sat on the couch, waiting for my friend to return. My friend afterward informed me that there was in fact a camera in the kitchen, though. Not sure what it was, but it was a cool experience. It's also something one is warned about as a pagan, hence I stopped what I was doing immediately.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't believe that ghosts are dead humans who come back in the afterlife to haunt us, but I'm open to the possibility of having spirits from a different dimension emulating humans to taunt.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    THAT is an interesting story. You mind telling us how she died (cause of death)?

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I had a similar experience. I was alone in the house of a friend of mine and doing a fire meditation, when all of the sudden my entire body started to tremble and had goosebumps all over. You know that feeling that you get when someone is standing right behind you even though you haven't seen or heard them yet? That's what it was, combined with a sense of danger. Suddenly I heard the distinct sound of a camera clicking, several times, in the kitchen, two rooms over. I know for a fact I was alone, and that no one could've made that noise. I ended the meditation quickly and quietly sat on the couch, waiting for my friend to return. My friend afterward informed me that there was in fact a camera in the kitchen, though. Not sure what it was, but it was a cool experience. It's also something one is warned about as a pagan, hence I stopped what I was doing immediately.
    Interesting. I think the meditation probably had an effect and the spirit might have come out because of it. One question I have is did u get the pictures developed from the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    I don't believe that ghosts are dead humans who come back in the afterlife to haunt us, but I'm open to the possibility of having spirits from a different dimension emulating humans to taunt.
    This is an interesting theory that I've never heard. I don't get the ideas of dimensions having other beings that we don't know of though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm fascinated by the unknown, and especially UFOs, I find myself drawn to the concept.

The reason I am so interested and drawn to these things is because they are completelty unknown, and for now, are unprovable and undeniable. I think the possibility true.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yeah, "A Haunting" is my favorite. Not as big a fan of "Ghost Hunters" though. But A Haunting depicts real cases with spirits/ghosts, unlike Ghost Hunters which almost never finds anything.
    See, this is why I like Ghost Hunters. They don't use psychic mediums (I consider them complete hoaxes), and they rely on collected evidence. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think (or know) its all B.S. but its still fun to watch, waiting for that episode where they hit the moterlode (like the St Augustine Lighthouse)
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    See, this is why I like Ghost Hunters. They don't use psychic mediums (I consider them complete hoaxes), and they rely on collected evidence. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think (or know) its all B.S. but its still fun to watch, waiting for that episode where they hit the moterlode (like the St Augustine Lighthouse)
    True, the good aspect of that show is the fact that they do real work. The bad is that it goes on forever.