User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Apologies

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Apologies

Has anyone ever done something to you that even when they apologized you have not accepted it? Especially after time has passed. Do you think; "the past is the past, the person apologized so let bygones be bygones and let's not hold a grudge" or do you think "its too late, i am not accepting the apology and i do not want to talk to that person ever again".

just something i am curious about in others. I will usually accept an apology and smooth things over but certain things I cannot

MBTI
    INFP

Yes.

A person's actions serve as a window into their character, and I didn't like what I saw, regardless of his apology. I tried.. but it had nothing to do with formalities such as "I'm sorry" .. a switch was just turned off in me that once made me want to be close!

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

I must ask - how do you guys feel when someone apologizes to you

MBTI
    yupp

depends, most of the time I'll forgive but if they act the same repeatly I'll be like fuck you. It's more of I believe people can change just most won't. so first time I'll give them benefit of the doubt but after that the benefit becomes less and less and the doubt more and more.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

to the OP-

I've been through some interesting (bad) shit and can't think of anything that I wouldn't accept an appology for. It doesn't mean that I'd be completely over whatever happened, but I'd be pleased that the person had actually appologized to me

and embarassingly, my first thought after someone appologizes to me is "I'm right and you're wrong!!!"
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This is the majority scenario for me, to tell you the truth. Apologies do not mean much to me. I will be scrutinizing your actions, and your character, constantly, and what I infer from that is more important than any apology.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    to the OP-

I've been through some interesting (bad) shit and can't think of anything that I wouldn't accept an appology for. It doesn't mean that I'd be completely over whatever happened, but I'd be pleased that the person had actually appologized to me

and embarassingly, my first thought after someone appologizes to me is "I'm right and you're wrong!!!"
    Me too. Right now I am reading some pages on How to apologize and how to accept an apology. This article says that's the worst way to act after someone apologizes. I'm not going to do that again because the article is right. When someone sincerely apologizes they are making them self vulnerable. If you truly want to make amends and accept the apology then you should not rub it in and take their vulnerability for granted. I'm a young guy but I'm learning how to deal with this crap we call life.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    Me too. Right now I am reading some pages on How to apologize and how to accept an apology. This article says that's the worst way to act after someone apologizes. I'm not going to do that again because the article is right. When someone sincerely apologizes they are making them self vulnerable. If you truly want to make amends and accept the apology then you should not rub it in and take their vulnerability for granted. I'm a young guy but I'm learning how to deal with this crap we call life.
    not cackling madly when someone appologizes to me has always been a bit of a challenge, though I suck at keeping a straight face for just about ANYTHING.

I always suppress the laughing or grinning and bow my head a little and thank the person
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

We have some in common here whatever. As NT it is difficult to hold back from saying "I told you so". We always need to be right. But when it does come to accepting an apology - next time I will try to refrain from gloating.

I am not sure if I have ever felt someone's apology was sincere. I am rational and think through my decisions. My actions are calculated. I need to remember that others are not the same way and often do things with out really thinking. Then again, some people out there are just sh*t and don't deserve to be forgiven.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ENFJs are the I Told You So champions... my sis even has an I Told You So DANCE