User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Apologies

ThatGirl

I'd usually accept the apology if it was sincere. Then gauge the situation on what happens next. I have been known to be a sucker at times, constantly assuming people evolve. If I am holding a grudge (because I have lost all respect for you as a person)....you wouldn't even think of approaching me to apoligize (I'm not exactly subtle), so.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have a forgive, but not forget mentality. I don't crucify someone, or hold it over their head for the most part, but I don't allow myself to be taken the fool over and over. It depends on the seriousness of the situation.

Silly stuff, like saying something crude and disrespectful and apologizing -- these things I generally forgive and let bygones be bygones.

Things such as... borrowing money from me and not paying it back -- I won't cut the person out of my life... but you won't even get a penny from me to help get gum off your shoe. I think the only remedy to things like this is to do what you say you're going to do. Breaking your word is a major offense with me.

Lying to me -- Discounts trust.. I probably will detach myself in a way where I will not be put in a position to be lied to.. What happens afterwards depends.

And finally!! If anything is worse than that, Like cheating, stealing from me, hurting me, or insulting and hurting my family -- I probably will push you out of my life. By this point.. I won't feel bad about it, regret it, or even look back over my shoulder to see if they'd change into a better person. I'm out, and done playing the game at that point.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

being a fairly horrible human being myself I'm always rather willing to forgive, as I always hope that the same courtesey shall be extended to me

it still doesn't mean that I don't feel a small moment of triumph when people appologize to me though- I guess kind of a "It WASN'T just me!" moment or something.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Sometimes apologies come at a great relief.. I think for the most part it takes a lot to settle down and admit wrongdoings. It's shame, and not many people are good with shame.

I dislike it though, when people have NO shame and use these tools as ways of further getting away with their slimey crime.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

<-- has appologized without knowing what "wrong" she'd apparently done... relationships can be a real bitch
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

To everyone:

If someone does you wrong - would you pretend to accept the apology with an ulterior motive to get them back?

I have done that in the past and felt totally justified. I'm a bad, bad person.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    To everyone:

If someone does you wrong - would you pretend to accept the apology with an ulterior motive to get them back?

I have done that in the past and felt totally justified. I'm a bad, bad person.
    You're no better than they

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You're no better than they
    You can't judge considering you know 0% of what happened.

I'm a strong believer in Justice.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I appreciate apologies when I've been hurt by someone. I used to hold onto having been hurt by some person, trying to remember it so I wouldn't make the same mistake again, but now my perspective has changed. Everyone's life is so complex, and most people have it harder than one might realize at first, so it's easier to just let go and stay open to people. There is always some kind of reason why people behave however they do, so it usually pays off to cut people some slack when possible. I've appreciated the times people have cut me a little slack.

One of my favorite movies is "Chocolat". The lead character in that movie is one kind of person I'd very much like to be. The mayor and townspeople were trying to run her out of town during Lent, considering her evil for making chocolates for people, but when the mayor was found one morning in her chocolatry window having gorged all night on goodies, she helped clean him up so he wouldn't be embarrassed and seemed to think nothing of it. She was a gentle person for the harsh and judgmental people because she could see inside them past the bitter shell. She didn't take a superior stance, but one of understanding and of common bond - approaching people as equals even if they thought less of her.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    You can't judge considering you know 0% of what happened.

I'm a strong believer in Justice.
    I am too. That's why I will not forgive, or pretend to, if I am not really meaning to forgive.. even if I don't want to, if my logics tell me in the end that it's unfair to not forgive, I go with my gut and do it.

If I mean to get them back, I don't accept apologies.