User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISXJ

B.A. in Spanish -- I don't regret my major one bit at all. The best part...study abroad! Oh, and I can watch Spanish films and understand them pretty well. Actually, Spanish has opened up more doors and opportunities than I even thought possible...and usually happens in the oddest ways possible. It also really helps that there's a large Hispanic/Latino population where I live.

I will be finishing up a M.A. in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) pretty soon, and I've learned a lot about language structures and language acquisition that is both research-based and anecdotally-based. It's taught me teamwork and teaching skills, and possibly most-importantly, has taught me to care more about people and empathizing/sympathizing with them while meeting them at their point of need. I've learned to think more critically, and have honed in on writing and researching skills. Overall, I can't complain. Yes, you go through A LOT of BS in order to get your degree(s), but hey, I guess it teaches perseverance and patience too.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Man, that would be so awsome to know these days. I really wish I had any understanding of how the financial systems work. Makes me so jealous that I want to sign up for a masters in economics also.
    Well, perhaps I simply undervalue my education due to the fact that I've gotten so used to those subject matters that I've had problems becoming enthousiastic about them. But I did love creating my own financial and econometric model, and I also loved the pure mathematics-statistics part of the course. I also liked the models of international trade and economic growth; basically, anything that had a mathematical and visual part, I liked.

I think that, probably, part of my dissatisfaction is due to the fact that, since I was a little kid, I wanted to be a theorethical phyisicist. My parents thought that that type of career would have not given me enough work opportunities in case in decided to drop out. I think that I'd have been better off not listening to them, since neither has finished high school.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

A lot about psychology.

A medium amount about drugs.

Very little about socializing.

Almost nothing practical.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I learned that I very much like college and the lifestyle that it entails.

I learned how to deal with cops properly, how to manipulate groups of people in a good and proper manner and enough spanish to get by in a spanish speaking country/where I live now.

I learned to mix drinks, teach ESL, tango and live alone as well as how to completely fail at relationships
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

One of the more valuable skills I learned was to read actively with many lenses at my disposal, and to recognize the lenses I gravitate to naturally and learn to read without them. Rather than just soaking up words and sentences and having unconsciously biased reactions to them.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

I learnt how to live the liminal life.

I learnt how to live in the inter-tidal zone.

I became a creature of both worlds.

One day a crack opened in reality and I stepped through.

And here I am on the other side of you.
    Last edited by Mole; 01-06-2009 at 12:58 AM.

MBTI
    NICE

I learned that the teacher was about a week ahead of the brightest student.

In the Kingdom of the Blind...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

so far: how to do cool pen tricks

and everything else i already knew lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Default Break on through, break on through to the other side!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I learnt how to live the liminal life.

I learnt how to live in the inter-tidal zone.

I became a creature of both worlds.

One day a crack opened in reality and I stepped through.

And here I am on the other side of you.
    An atom consists of almost all empty space. So when an atomic star collapses to a neutron star, it becomes very small and very heavy with an awesome electro-magnetic field.

A neutron star also has a crust. And although it is almost impenetrable, the neutron star has an electro-magnetic field to match the power of the crust.

As the neutron star spins, the electro-magnetic fields twist and turn.

Sometimes the magnetic fields twist and turn so much they cause an earthquake in the crust of the neutron star.

For the neutron star this is the crack in reality and like me the star steps on through, steps on through to the other side.

And like me, the neutron star is so excited, it emits the most powerful burst of energy in the universe.

Yes, the neutron star emits such a burst of gamma rays, that for a few moments they dim everything else in the universe.

I myself am described as over excitable, and the neutron star knows just how I feel.

And I know just how the neutron star feels as it breaks on through, breaks on through to the other side.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Man, that would be so awsome to know these days. I really wish I had any understanding of how the financial systems work. Makes me so jealous that I want to sign up for a masters in economics also.
    I want to know how the financial stuff works without there being a recession. I'm *always* wondering how businesses make finance-related decisions. Even at the store I work at, I'm dying to know what goes into deciding when to run coupons, what factors play into the decisions of what kind of coupons to run, how they project the usage of the coupons, the projections of the profits, all that stuff. ISTJ thing, I guess. That's why I'm upset I couldn't take a managerial accounting class this semester.