User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Oddly enough, this was the second piano piece I learned how to play the same song as above a month ago on piano by watching this piano. There are better and easier tutorials if you are a beginner, but I watched this one because it was faster paced and I already had a general idea on how to do it.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy2cQG43CCY"]Iris Piano[/YOUTUBE]

I played this on a grand piano (our school has one for anyone wanting to mess with it) in the Student Building during finals and I think I left with 17 panties that day.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-mJl8IdmgI"]Homopolar magnaet fun[/YOUTUBE]

You can make a lot of creative junk with this stuff, check it out. I also highly recommend anyone that easily gets bored to run to radio shack and stack up on a circuit stuff and magnets or just order some nice neodymium magnets from the nets in different shapes and sizes and break open a vcr for all your ciruitry needs. I get bored atleast once a week and end up working on elaborate little useless things.

Also if you find yourself bored for a whole weekend, then you have no excuse but to make a Newman motor. I am serious, what excuse do you have, you proably have all this shit stashed all over your house and you wouldn't even need to hit up the home depot.

My motor was different only in the fact that I used skate board trunks for the bearings and and an 18v dc laptop charger from one of my broken laptops for the power source. Also, its reusable for a longer time and lighter than a fucking car battery.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SA1jt6Q1mk"]Newman Motor, aka poor mans fan.[/YOUTUBE]
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Found this in one of my internet adventures. It's called a Neocube. And I want one very badly.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gidumziw4JE"]Neocube[/YOUTUBE]

"The NeoCube is composed of 216 individual high-energy sphere magnets, which can be formed into BILLIONS of shapes and patterns."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

ZOMG jock, I am getting one right now.

awsomez

Another superb nugget of Knowledge, not really tech or anything...but it's hacking your brain. These are ways to hallucinate or do trippy things without the use of chemicals, but by consciously tricking the brain. Just goes to show how amazing the brain really is, and how much our perception of the outside world is completely dependent on how our brain interprets sensory information.

DO YOU EVER want to change the way you see the world? Wouldn't it be fun to hallucinate on your lunch break? Although we typically associate such phenomena with powerful drugs like LSD or mescaline, it's easy to fling open the doors of perception without them: All it takes is a basic understanding of how the mind works.

The first thing to know is that the mind isn't a mirror, or even a passive observer of reality. Much of what we think of as being out there actually comes from in here, and is a byproduct of how the brain processes sensation. In recent years scientists have come up with a number of simple tricks that expose the artifice of our senses, so that we end up perceiving what we know isn't real - tweaking the cortex to produce something uncannily like hallucinations. Perhaps we hear the voice of someone who is no longer alive, or feel as if our nose is suddenly 3 feet long.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

This is exactly the kind of stuff I am looking for Jock.

I really want to buy a rubber hand to try that trick, that seems pretty nuts. If it were sunnier today I would have tried waving my hand over my eyes, but alas, clouds.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ok, so I admit that I have kinda derailed this thread already, so I I will post this video because it is so freaking cool. I am working on one but its proving to be really difficult to make my wood pieces nice and flush fitting.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tp182UdSYw"]Walking Sculptures[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP

Cross-posting from "Links for ISTPs" thread:

CCAT rocket stove - Appropedia: The sustainability wiki

[YOUTUBE="_-BQMpaW-E0"]Coffee Can Rocket Stove[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="aLh7FVla6RU"]Rocket Stove Instructions[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="UUW7cXFV07s"]Rocket Stove Evening[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Another superb nugget of Knowledge, not really tech or anything...but it's hacking your brain. These are ways to hallucinate or do trippy things without the use of chemicals, but by consciously tricking the brain. Just goes to show how amazing the brain really is, and how much our perception of the outside world is completely dependent on how our brain interprets sensory information.

a lot of this sort of confirms the tenets of NLP... aka how to program the brain like it was software...