User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default Jane Russell eyes?

I was out walking earlier and, when within a block of home, met up with a woman who looked... um.. out of place? Black leather jacket, black leather boots, black scarf - I was thinking New York - San Francisco or Seattle at the very least.

And this is Albany, OR - grass seed capital of the world (seriously, that's what it says on the welcome sign).

She said something as we passed that I didn't catch. So I pulled the headphones from my ears and asked for a repeat. She said "You have Jane Russell eyes. Yeah, that's what Jane looked like."

'Kay - definitely New York.

Huh. Most people (since I was twenty) have told me I look like Shirley MacLaine.

Interludes like that always make me feel as though I've stepped into an alternate dimension.

MBTI
    INTP

LOL! Wow. And it's not like Jane Russell was particularly famous for her eyes--other parts of her tended to pull focus. Maybe she knew Jane Russell or something? Kind of a strange reference out of the blue, if you don't look like her otherwise.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    LOL! Wow. And it's not like Jane Russell was particularly famous for her eyes--other parts of her tended to pull focus. Maybe she knew Jane Russell or something? Kind of a strange reference out of the blue, if you don't look like her otherwise.
    Oh good. I wasn't the first to think "Playtex 18-Hour Bra" in the context of Jane Russell.

I do, however, feel almost obligated to check out my bustline while discussing this.

It's still there.