User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

God people, I at 100% means you almost always will PREFER I not that u can never do E.

I mean, isn't it just obvious...

I can study and clean things, but if given the choice i prefer to be a random mess and study everything BUT what i'm supposed to.

The less you do something the more likely it is you will just have to do it at a certain time.
    If only because no matter how introverted ur preferences are you still have sexual pulsion and are a social animal and will, therefore, talk to people.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I mean, isn't it just obvious...
    Yeah, people are taking the question way too literally..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

people are taking percentages/tests way too literally
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ISFJ

I might not be F, I might not be E, I might not even be N but I'm undoubtedly a P.

If I were a SP this joint would taste even better....

mlittrell : Is there something you think people don't take too literally as far as typology goes?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

mlittrell : Is there something you think people don't take too literally as far as typology goes?
    good call. sad but true.

ive said this a million times but like any complex system that we dont quite understand, we create models for. we created MBTI to help get a grasp of the human cognition. it is not meant to be taken literally. the human mind cannot be described in full by only 8 letters, 9 numbers (enneagram), 4 temperaments, 8 functions, X whatevers, so we might as well use MBTI very lightly to get a GENERAL/VAGUE understanding of how the human mind works.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

My percentages vary a lot, I've had 95 % on introversion, and 90% on perceiving. But other times it was 50 to 50. I would say I am generally very versatile.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

100% means that you're probably only 90% P, due to error margin. i score between 90 and 100% intuition on most tests, so i would consider myself a pure N. i have a hard time doing monotonous work and use my spare time for other things than research into what i like. being high P just makes it worse as i cannot be bothered following something that is not in my interest.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Various times that I had performed my personality test - I got 50% for my extro/introversion part, and 50-60% for my perception/judgment part, simultaneously... whereas my thinking/feeling and sensory/intuition varied quite significantly.

... Generally, suggesting that my extro/introversion is on a solid borderline, and I'm more-or-less borderline for my perception/judgment persona.

Pretty cool.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    My only very high preference is S. I score very high on S but I also know that the scores are accurate, because its apparent in day-to-day life.

Being such a high S has pros and cons. They are most apparent when i'm in school.

When I was in K-12 and doing random college courses the S was always incredibly apparent. When teachers talked theory I looked around the room. It was incredibly boring for me, especially when the environment was not all that stimulating.

It was like, "well, i've already determined that there are 384 ceiling tiles, the professor says um on average of 42 times every half hour, and Jamie-Sue in the front row has been wearing that banana yellow outfit for the past four days. doesn't anyone else find this boring?" I'd start to fidget and doodle or go to the bathroom a lot and was fascinated with the kids in the front row who were raptly paying attention and scribbling notes.

On the other hand, sometimes the S worked to my benefit in school. The English professors would read my papers in front of the class and use it as an example as "excellent use of details" which made other kids scowl at me. I had a good mind for useless facts which is helpful particularly in highschool, I could cram them in the night before and score A's on tests, well you can see why it would be handy to be such an S.

Right now i'm in nursing school and its working out fairly well since I think that nursing is a very S oriented field. Lots of memorization involved, but also need attention to detail and keen observational skills. I also like the practicality of hands on learning that I get from lab and clinical, so I'm actually popular with professors and am getting a lot of encouragement.

You can see how it might be boring in daily life, too. "I'm in the car, i'm driving on the highway, i'm still driving on the highway. I'm still driving on the highway. Tree. Hill. Guardrail. It helps to blast music and talk on the phone to get my senses aroused a bit .

So that's that.

S pride.
    That is so awesome!!! *envious* Please give me some of your sensory ability. Pleaseeeeee. The only S thing I can do is cram in vocabulary before a test, usually because I can use powers of association and pattern recognition. Otherwise I'm a total loser at sensory input/output or whatever you call it. Help!

Oh yeah, DOH! I did not answer the question I wanted to answer. Well, I am pretty balanced, but I wasn't always. My N used to be around 88% or higher (I guess I've mellowed out with age heh!) Then again, I used to test INTJ so I don't know how accurate that was. Anyway, having N off the charts was really crazy. I'm glad it's kind of balanced out.

When it was too high, it was really a nightmare.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.