User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    And your point is?
    How could you possibly understand it, if you don't already? I wonder.

First of all, what test results primarily tell you is how you answered the questions, not how much F you have. That some undeniable Fs test as T should be good evidence toward this fact.

Secondarily, the tests are designed to discover a preference, and ask questions in that vain, such as "Does your head rule your heart?/Does your heart rule your head?" (Figuratively speaking of course). People can just barely prefer one over the other for every question and still score "100%."

It means absolutely nothing.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Jack,
    I understood what you meant, but not why you chose feeling as an example, over introversion and intuition, which was what I had been talking about.
    Don't patronise me.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Secondarily, the tests are designed to discover a preference, and ask questions in that vain, such as "Does your head rule your heart?/Does your heart rule your head?" (Figuratively speaking of course). People can just barely prefer one over the other for every question and still score "100%."

It means absolutely nothing.
    We all know that the tests aren't an accurate measure and that the percentages are largely meaningless unless they're backed up by our own experience, such as...

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    My only very high preference is S. I score very high on S but I also know that the scores are accurate, because its apparent in day-to-day life.
    Perhaps the thread should be concerned more with how we perceive ourselves and our preferences rather than the score that the tests give us, then. Through observation, for example, one can figure out that they're very, very extroverted compared to others (therefore "100%") or only slightly so (therefore "borderline")--we don't need a test to tell us that. Thus, we talk about what that's meant for us in our own lives regardless of how we know whether we're borderline or 100% on whatever trait it is we're talking about.

Oh wait, this is a conversation between INxP's and therefore bound to get off the original thread subject anyway

So I guess for anyone else who might read this.. just think about whether the test results seem to be accurate in your own life, if you're inclined to conclude something about yourself because of those results.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Jack,
    I understood what you meant, but not why you chose feeling as an example, over introversion and intuition, which was what I had been talking about.
    Don't patronise me.
    I misread your listing of I and N as F and N, but the example I used still applies just as well to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    We all know that the tests aren't an accurate measure and that the percentages are largely meaningless unless they're backed up by our own experience, such as...
    After reviewing a few hundred cases, I've come to know that's not true. Many, many folks discuss "their percentages" as if they're a solid indicator of preference strength.

MBTI
    yupp

I would think percentages of functions would change depending on mood and enviroment. I mean the ones the tests give back.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    LoLz

I'd think your preference for each is only determined by you. The tests are just guidelines. Without taking the test, I'd say I'm incredibly introverted, average on sensing, pretty high on thinking, and below average on judging. I still have a preference for all 4. I just...use them in different ways than the descriptions on the internet.

To have a 100% preference on one would mean that you're incapable of the opposite preference. If you're 100% introverted, that would make you incapable of extraversion. You would be unable to run your daily life and you would be living inside of a shell. It is possible to have a significantly high preference for one, but you need to be able to USE the opposite.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

its just a personal opinion but i dont think anyone is 100% anything in regard to type
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    I

If there is such a thing as 100% of certain categories, I don't have any of them. If I were to put random percentages on mine, I would say I'm
    70% I, 30% E
    75% S, 25% N
    80% T, 20% F
    55% J, 45% P

At times, my I/E and J/P change significantly. It depends on the time of day.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well when they ask the same type of questions over and over you are not going to change your answer within one test.
    "Do you like parties or reading a book?"
    "Do you like to stay home or go out?"
    "Do you like crowds or being alone?"

To me its all the same question, and i'm not going to change my answer, so if I answer that same question as an extrovert the whole time then i'm going to test 100% extrovert, according to the test, when that's not necissarily true. It just means i'm consistent.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I don't think that anyone can be purely extroverted, purely intuitive, etc...
    NOBODY CAN!!!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx