User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

I don't think I have much of a real preference of E over I, in the classic extroverted sense that most tests measure.. I've got traits of both social extroverts and introverts. I live alone and consider my home to be a private sanctuary unless I choose to have people over. When I meet someone new, I usually do a lot more observing and listening than talking.. but when I do talk, I don't often have to think about it first. I prefer small groups to large crowds, but I'm out among other people most nights of the week. I have many, many "shallow" relationships (probably 100 acquaintances that I see on a regular basis). I don't really welcome being interrupted in conversation as most extroverts do and can easily lose my train of thought when I am. I'd wager that my inner world is more rich than most E's. I spend a lot of time introspecting and focusing on myself and my own thoughts.. I keep a journal and record them. At work, I have no problem marshalling or directing other people, and I love to work on teams (especially when I'm in control ), but I also welcome projects that I can work on alone and apply my own strengths. I've got a lot of hobbies that put me out around other people (dancing, pool, yoga..) and others that I equally enjoy that don't (programming, reading..). I'm pretty open, especially around people that I know.. much more so than most introverts. I think I do get more energized around other people on the whole, but I do enjoy and need my alone time.

Overall, there's a very obvious contrast for me when I'm around a bunch of strong extroverts, just as there is when I'm around a bunch of strong introverts.. in the former case, I can't get a word in edgewise; in the latter, I get impatient because nobody else offers their thoughts as readily as I do.

Despite that.. when I got back into MBTI, the "E" was the only trait that I was certain of, with having tested as ENTJ, ESFJ, ENTP, and ESTP and having identified with all of those descriptions at one point or another. But now I'm cognizant of what my preferences are so my type is pretty clear. Strange how that works..

My lack of preference probably makes less optimistic and assertive than other ENTJ's, but also less domineering, less arrogant, and more willing to listen to other people. That's the major difference between that profile and how I view myself.

I guess my life philosophy overall is that there's a time and a place for everything.. including all of the different cognitive functions. I'm just working on developing the ones I'm deficient at and learning from others' strengths. That must be why I admire my ENFJ best friend and why I'm dating a ESFP

MBTI
    INxJ

I'm 100% intuition. I haven't researched it enough (haven't felt much of a need to, since I feel I understand it enough anyway), but I have a difficult time understanding how Sensing people work.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Awesome topic, Eck.

I scored borderline on everything (I got nothing over 65%).. Which often makes me feel like a quieter, more organized ENFP. I also, situation dictating, find myself out of character especially in the P/J department, E/I is lately a questioning struggle as well.

It's not that I doubt being an ENFP.. Only that my shadow features play a role in my daily life just as my dominant ones do.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I don't consider there to be such a thing, by any stretch of the imagination. So you don't even need to worry about it!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't consider there to be such a thing, by any stretch of the imagination. So you don't even need to worry about it!
    It's not theoretically possible?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

He, I'm 100% introverted and 100% Intuitive apparently. I do have a lot of unexplained bruises, and close friends do wonder how I haven't been hit by a car yet, or knocked out by a stray lamp post. Not sure about the introversion score though...I like spend A LOT of time alone, and I do spend a lot of time reflecting. I like my privacy, I'm very territorial.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It's not theoretically possible?
    It's theoretically impossible, only in reality could it be possible, by some dynamite fluke (which I've never seen anything close to, anywhere).
    Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    He, I'm 100% introverted and 100% Intuitive apparently. I do have a lot of unexplained bruises, and close friends do wonder how I haven't been hit by a car yet, or knocked out by a stray lamp post. Not sure about the introversion score though...I like spend A LOT of time alone, and I do spend a lot of time reflecting. I like my privacy, I'm very territorial.
    Unless you think of every F answer as equivalent to "I am 2/3 F," which you should, because it's a lot closer to reality.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's theoretically impossible, only in reality could it be possible, by some dynamite fluke (which I've never seen anything close to, anywhere).
    How much dynamite?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    How much dynamite?
    Enough to blow off the cerebral cortex and expose the limbic system.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Unless you think of every F answer as equivalent to "I am 2/3 F," which you should, because it's a lot closer to reality.
    And your point is?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]