User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default The Twilight Zone

Does anyone else here like the Twilight Zone? It's one of my favorite series.

Also (if you feel like thinking about it), do you think there's any functions/letters that would be associated with finding that show appealing?

Are any particular episode(s) your favorite?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Love it!

It used to be on late at night when I should have been asleep but wasn't, so I always watched it. Of course my mom was always a fan when she was growing up, so I was raised watching any bit of an episode that was on as well

If I had to pick a favorite episode it would have been the one with the hitchhiker because that was just a bit creepy

don't know if functions would play into it though, because the Twilight Zone fans in my family are my ISFJ mother and me....
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The Twilight Zone is fun to watch!
    One of my favorites is the one with the talking doll..
    "My name is Talking Tina and I'm going to kill you!"
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my mom quoted Talking Tina at my sis and I when we were children... she also liked playing Dr. Demento songs though.... it may explain a lot
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my mom quoted Talking Tina at my sis and I when we were children... she also liked playing Dr. Demento songs though.... it may explain a lot
    haha, she sounds like a fun person!!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    TRUE

Last summer when I learned there would be a Twilight Zone marathon, and having no access to cable, I left town to rent a motel for two days in order to watch it. The difficult thing was figuring out which episodes to miss for meals.
    Soon after that I justified the purchase of the complete series so now I enjoy marathons whenever I feel the need to revisit the Zone.

It might be easier to figure out what type doesn't like the series than to identify a specific one that does. An ISTJ said my trip to the motel was weird, but I don't think it was because she doesn't like the show. An INTJ thought it made sense, but that I should have ordered pizza rather than miss an episode.

Too many to pick a favorite, but always enjoy Robert Redford as Death, the one with Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery, the one with Inger Stevens, both with Shatner, and the list goes on...(the gremlin on the wing was one of the few I considered frightening as a child, and I still don't like flying, but I don't think there's a connection.)
    Naked to unknown forces, fortune evades mere understanding. The trial of effort.
    The dream of change. Such a place might Hell be to thought and action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Does anyone else here like the Twilight Zone? It's one of my favorite series.

Also (if you feel like thinking about it), do you think there's any functions/letters that would be associated with finding that show appealing?

Are any particular episode(s) your favorite?
    I LOVE the twilight zone! This year is the 50th anniversary. My fav. episode is the Willoughby one (the one where this business man's life falls apart and he wants to escape to Willoughby which is some 19th century town; "A place where a man can live his life full-measure")

I also like the one with William Shatner on the airplane and that gorilla/human/whatever thingy starts tearing the plane apart.

The Obsolete Man one is awesome too...

I think I'll stop here.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Hard to pick a favorite episode.

The obsolete man definitely goes up there, phoenix. But what else? I like the one where there's a man imprisoned in a citadel, and he's actually satan, but protagonist doesn't believe and let's him escape. Good stuff.

I also like the one where the space explorers find a crashed ship, and they realize it's their own.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

"The Twilight Zone" is my second favorite show of all time after "The Simpsons". I love the marathons they show on the Sci-Fi Network (and that's about the only thing I watch on that channel.)

My favorites include Escape Clause, Time Enough At Last, Third From The Sun, The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street, The After Hours, Eye Of The Beholder, Long Distance Call, Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up, It's A Good Life, To Serve Man, The Dummy, Living Doll, I Am The Night - Color Me Black, and An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge, which was the only episode that was actually a short film not made by the producers.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Oh, yes, I also have to mention the one with the fortune telling machine. The one with Shatner that nobody remembers. something I like about it is that it's not really supernatural at all. It's more about psychology, and what people back themselves into.
    Go to sleep, iguana.