SLE Ti

MBTI
    ENFP

LOLOLOLOL snap!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default The Story of 2009 - The Longest Story Ever Told

Guys, I had the most exciting night! First, we (that's me, my husband, our two kids, and our good friend Steve) walked down to the pier but it was closed, and the temp had dropped about 40 degrees over the course of the afternoon, so we took some pictures of the aligned planets and the sunset and stuff like that before walking back to the house. Then we put some ribs and steaks on the grill and later ate them, along with some red wine (Cheerwine for the kids), baked potatoes, and salad. While the steaks were cooking we all took a dip in the hot tub although it was about 40 degrees outside.

All this time, my daughter was looking greener and greener and by the time the steaks came out she wanted to sleep on the sofa instead of eating dinner. The grownups listened to awesome music and talked and drank wine (I was starting to get red-faced so I switched to Cheerwine after a half a glass, stupid rosacea). Pretty soon I noticed that not only was my daughter asleep, but her brother was as well. He had played and played and just run down over a puzzle. Unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture but it was really cute.

So I put them in bed, and in doing so my hand brushed my daughter's forehead. She felt very warm. By this time it was about 11:30, so I thought I should go try to find her some fever medicine. I looked all around the rental house but couldn't find any stash of meds, so I told the guys (who were both too tipsy to drive) that I would go try to find an open store. I left the house at around 11:50, knowing that there was a grocery store that might be open until midnight back on the mainland, so I was zipping along when I saw a congregation of blue lights. DAMN! DUI checkpoint at the bridge to the mainland! CURSES!

My half a glass of wine three hours ago must not have made me appear too drunk so they waved me through after checking to make sure all my papers were current. By now, the Run Lola Run music was running through my head. I pulled up to Lowes Foods at 11:55. The sign on the door read "Lowes Foods will be open regular hours on New Year's Eve and reopen at 6am on New Year's Day." But could I park, exit my vehicle, and make it to the door before closing time? DUN DUN DUNNN!

I ran up to the door just as the manager was coming outside to lock it. I begged him to let me inside to buy MEDICINE FOR MY SICK CHILD, and (bless him) he let me in. One of the cashiers took me over to the medicine aisle and the Run Lola Run music was replaced with browsing elevator music while we discussed the various fever-reducing options available at Lowes Foods. I finally chose Junior Strength Motrin Chewables and was about to head to the register when I realized that Lowes Brand Acetaminophen Meltaways were buy one, get one free. So I picked up two of those, thinking I could surely use them sometime before they expired.

I checked out and sauntered to my car, high on life. Things were really looking good for 2009. I had managed to end 2008 on a high note of success. Then I realized that it was still only 11:59! The store visit had only taken four minutes of my time! Could I get back to the island and into the rental in time for a New Year's kiss from my hubby? It seemed almost too much to hope for!

And it was, as it happened. I had forgotten about the DUI checkpoint over the bridge. So when the clock turned 2009, I was showing my license and registration to a beach cop. I didn't dare ask for a kiss. As I drove back to the rental house, illegal South Carolina fireworks crackled in the air in yards all around me.

But wait! There's more! I get back to the house, take the proper dose of Junior Strength Motrin Chewables in and wake my daughter, who is hot and miserable but seemed to be sleeping pretty soundly. I told her it took me all year to find medicine for her and she manages a weak chuckle. She takes her medicine, drinks a little water, I kiss her goodnight and close the door. I go upstairs to the bar area of the rental house (yes, it has a bar) to get my kiss and tell the guys the exciting Run Lola Run story. We decide to take a celebratory shot of rum. Steve pours three shots and we all crowd in and pose with them while he holds his camera what seems like six feet away, at the end of his unnaturally long arm, to shoot the obligatory New Year's photo. The shutter shutters, and we down our shots.

Before the glasses even make it back to the granite surface of the bar, we hear a child's footsteps on the stairs. It's my daughter, covered in vomit! "Mommy I tried to make it into my trashcan but I missed and now it's all over the bed and the floor and I feel so bad and I threw up all my mediciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine !" WOO HOO! New Year's fireworks indeed! This night just keeps getting more exciting! So I go downstairs, clean up the girl, clean up her vomit, then put clean bedding on the bed and several towels in case it happens again. She goes back to bed. I dare not give her any more medicine, lest it make her barf again. So basically, the whole Run Lola Run incident was for naught.

The rest of the evening was fairly uneventful. The three of us who were not either barfing or three years old played Zombies!!! and Munchkin Cthulu, finally retiring at around 3 am. I woke up about a half hour ago, ate my first bowl of cereal in 2009, and started to write this post. Happy New Year, everyone.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Win.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Good grief, Ivy! That was very anxious! How is she feeling today?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTx

Had barracks duty 0730 on the 31st to 0730 on the 1st. Funnnn.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Had barracks duty 0730 on the 31st to 0730 on the 1st. Funnnn.
    I wuz wunnerin' whar ye went, Beatley.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ISTx

^beats spending money and alcohol poisoning. Well, that's coming tonight, so I guess it doesn't matter.

pinky.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    ^beats spending money and alcohol poisoning. Well, that's coming tonight, so I guess it doesn't matter.

pinky.
    How about you skip the alcohol poisoning and drink way too much Kool-Aid or something? Everyone will envy your electric blue tongue.

hey hey!!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    How about you skip the alcohol poisoning and drink way too much Kool-Aid or something? Everyone will envy your electric blue tongue.

hey hey!!
    Kool-aid and liquor it is! I was wondering what to drink. A blue tongue and a nasty hangover to boot.