INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

• Pay off the student loans
    • Pay off the house
    • Pay off other debts
    • Put money back for kids' and youngest brother's college/business start-up, etc
    • Start 401Ks for kids, brothers, nephews, and nieces, add a bunch of money to ours
    • Fix up house, landscape/fence yard
    • Pay for mother-in-law's surgery
    • Buy better vehicles, possibly a Freightliner Sprinter and Subaru Tribeca
    • Hire a housekeeper/cook and driver/groundskeeper (which would be just too funny considering that I live in a working class neighborhood)
    • Let Don go back to school
    • Help my middle brother and his family out somehow as much as they would let us
    • Secretly pay someone to offer my mom a spot on TBN and a nice house out of state and anonymously send her offerings to keep her from coming back here
    • Buy one friend a newer car and a small house near where there are some jobs
    • Go shopping
    • I'd have to think about the rest if there was any left
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

First I would stage my own death so no one would harrass me for money,lol.

Next I would buy my Dream House that would be proabably 200-300 thousand dollars I'm not sure but not much more then that. Man I would have a ball decorating it too!

Next I would invest 1-2 million and just have it build interest and then live off that interest for the rest of my life.

Then I would start a Puppy Farm and breed nothing but Japanese Spitz's and sell them and make a hobby business out of it, of course I would have to keep the cutest ones,lol.
    It is my dream to run in a green field and be chased by tons of little Japanese Spitz puppies and then fall down and be covered with them all trying to lick me and be cuddled by me!

Then I would just pursue all sorts of hobbies. I would have so much resources to try so many things and I would try to sell or give away the things I made. I could have all the dancing lessons I wanted! I could cook Martha Stewart style and have so many fun cooking toys and afford so many fine ingredients! My husband would want to travel the world so I know that would be in the equation. He would also have resources to try different projects as well.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I'd buy 4.4 million lottery tickets. One of them is bound to be a winner, and I would be rich! Rich I tell you!
    Odds of winning the Powerball would still only be 1:33. The odds of winning a traditional lotto would be 2:3, but the payout probably wouldn't be worth the risk.

--------

• I'd pay off one of my private student loans. The interest rate on the federal loan is so low that I'm better of investing the money elsewhere.
    • Pay off some of my mom's debts.
    • Buy a house and some land in the nearby mountains.
    • Keep my current piece-of-crap car until 2009 (or late '08) when the new Camaros come out.
    • Donate some to charity
    • Put a bit in savings accounts for liquidity sake
    • Place some in short-term investments (eg CDs) for higher returns without having the money tied up for too long in case it becomes needed
    • Heavily invest the rest in stocks and funds. I'm young enough that I'm not too averse to high risk (my 401k is very aggressive).
    Last edited by Llenyd; 07-26-2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: aye Cannes knot speil

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Yah, but there is no difference between investing in government backed debt and FDIC insurance - might as well buy government debt. It's the same thing.
    Wait, I guess you aren't canadian. Should be the same, though.
    Government debt? Would that be like what a Treasury bond is in the U.S?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Government debt? Would that be like what a Treasury bond is in the U.S?
    Even though I learnt all about this... it was a decade ago and I've never cared since

Looking it up quickly, I believe any form of treasury debt would be backed by government. (Treasury bonds, notes and IPS at the very least).

It has the same systemic risk as FDIC covered investments and the like (backed by the strength of the bank, etc)... the risk profile is pretty much the same. (Currency, inflation, etc)

MBTI
    INTJ

I would use it to make more money, probably by way of small businesses and franchises.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Oberon

In investing, I'd be looking primarily for diversity. Some of the cash would go into bonds, some into mutual funds. I might even buy some straight-up stock, not for the purpose of playing the market but rather to reap dividends.

MBTI
    ENTP

Masturbate with it for a few days (I'm finally free! It feels as amazing as I thought it would!!), pay off whatever debts, buy a '67 Corvette with the 427c.i. engine & some motorcycles, and then sock the rest (say, $4 mil) away in stable investments that yield ~5% annually. 5% of $4 mil = $200,000 a year to live on and enjoy all the free time in the world.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
    Odds of winning the Powerball would still only be 1:33. The odds of winning a traditional lotto would be 2:3, but the payout probably wouldn't be worth the risk.
    Way to kill the dream, man. Did I ruin your fantasies by bringing in a strong dose of reality? I don't think I did!!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    then sock the rest (say, $4 mil) away in stable investments that yield ~5% annually. 5% of $4 mil = $200,000 a year to live on and enjoy all the free time in the world.
    Unless you account for taxes and inflation. :P

At 3% inflation and 40% taxrate, your account would be drained in 20 years.