User Tag List

123 Last

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Default What is the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?

My raging sentimentality wants to know,lol.
    Has to be stranger now.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Do you consider nurses and such to be strangers?

When I had my son, there was a nursing student interning at the birth center. Never saw her before in my life, or since. She rubbed lavender oil on my feet, brushed my hair, and whispered sweet nothings into my ear at key points in the evening (such as the time I decided I had had enough and wanted to just get up and drive home).
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, once someone gave me a dollar for a soda... That's the one that comes to mind at first, but there might be better ones.

Enneagram
    1w2

I'm very happy to say that I find strangers doing nice things for me all the time.

Most recently my check card demagnetized and I didn't know it. When I went to pay for my lunch my card kept getting declined. SO EMBARRASSING! The waitress gave me my meal for free. I made sure to go in first thing the next morning and give her the money plus double tip.

I've lost my purse twice on the subway and both times someone returned it to me, one time the money was still in it! Good things seem to happen to me on a weekly basis.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I've lost my purse twice on the subway and both times someone returned it to me, one time the money was still in it! Good things seem to happen to me on a weekly basis.
    Oh, man, that reminds me of another nice thing a stranger did for me. One time I drove off with my wallet/organizer on the hood of my van. By the time I realized it, I was like five miles from home and I had to drive back home really slowly and look alongside the road. I didn't find it, and I had just moved so my license had the wrong address on it, so the chances of anybody returning it were not very high.

Like three days later, I get a phone call from a lady who had found it on the gravel at her child's daycare which was close to my house. She had tried to find me with my old license, realized it wasn't a current address, so she went digging in there for anything else. She found a receipt for a doctor's appointment that had our current number on it. I was impressed that not only did she not take anything out, she didn't even want to poke around in it until she realized she had to to find me.

to that lady if you happen to be reading this forum!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

I was at Kinko's, and you have to swipe your credit card to use the particular copier I was using. It wasn't a regular swipe, it was the kind where you insert the card and then remove it when you're done. I made my copies and was walking out the door when a woman called after me. She was next in line to use my machine and had seen my card.

She could have used my card to make as many copies as she wanted, or even stolen it. I probably would not have noticed it missing until I wanted to use the card again. She did me a solid.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

When I was either 7 or 8 years old I missed the bus home from school for some reason (can't remember why). I called my Dad and he told my brother to come pick me up. For some reason my brother never came. Some time around 6 - 7 p.m. it started to get dark, so I decided to start walking home (it was about 3 miles away). I was kind of worried because I had never walked nearly that distance before. After a mile or so a van full of brownies picked me up and took me home. I was so glad to get a ride instead of having to walk the whole way.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

heart on fire

When we were stuck in the sleet, a couple let us come into their home and use their bathroom and use the phone.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I was very pregnant with my daughter and my car broke down along the side of the turnpike. The nearest pay phone was a long way away (no cell back then)!! I started waddling down the highway in the dark. I didn't make it very far when a van pulled up. I didn't want to get in at first but the cold got the better of me. It was a family of people too so that helped. I expected them to drive me to the nearest pay phone and call it a good deed. Instead they drove me 20 mins to my house. They were very nice Christian people. I was really glad they did. We still had dial-up back then and he probably wouldn't have heard the phone anyway.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

About two years ago my younger son developed a benign and painless but damaging tumor on the bone just below his knee. We took him to the children's hospital a couple hours away for the surgery. They gave him some liquid medicine to make him sleepy and when he was feeling it, they had him lie down in a little red wagon with a blanket and pillow.

When the poor kid woke up, he was on a gurney with a cast from his crotch to his toes and in lots of pain. He was so upset the drugs did not calm him down at all. He screamed and begged for them to take the cast off, not understanding that the cast was not the cause of his pain.

My husband had to leave for work shortly after our son regained consciousness and I just do not deal well with my kids being in pain. I was so upset that I was just making him worse and I knew it and I hated it, but I couldn't fix it.

Eventually, I knew I had to leave, both for his sake and mine, so I told the nurses I was going to leave for awhile and they said it was okay. When I came back, one of the nurses was in my son's bed with him, comforting him and he was calm and not crying anymore and the medicine was getting a chance to help with the pain. I don't know when I've ever been more grateful in my life for another person's kindness.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers