User Tag List

First 123

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedbless View Post
    HAHA.

No, I definitely live in the US.

I just thought of something though. Once when I was I think 9, I held the door open for this man with a lot of groceries and he gave me a box of ice cream as a thank you.

And all of the strangers that used to give me candy on Halloween. How generous of them to share.
    Didn't your mommy tell you not to talk to stranger and not to take sweets form them? lol

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Didn't your mommy tell you not to talk to stranger and not to take sweets form them? lol
    She was with me and she was like "give the man back his ice cream, lol"

Oh well, that was some gooood ice cream.
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

When I was a little kid I was running down a stretch of pavement in school, and I tripped and fell on my hands. They were badly skinned. I didn't have that many friends back then and I was alone and crying. Then this older kid helped me up and washed my hands off and gave me some bandaids and a hug and I felt much better...

That's the nicest thing I can remember right now.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Awe, warm fuzzies. Thank you all for sharing.

I was really poor growing up-my mother would have to put a 15 dollar toy on layaway for 4 to 6 months just to be able to afford it kind of poor, and the only time I ever had any money for myself was the occassional pennies my mother would give me. I would save and save them and it seemed to take forever to build up dollars. I remember being 7 or 8 and walking to the Walgreens that was just a few yards away from our apt and seeing the most awesome Trapper Keeper I had ever seen. I really wanted it for school as it was about to start back in session.

I really still didn't have too good of an understanding of money- and I took all the pennies I had to the register to buy the Keeper but came up like 10 dollars short- this thing was like 20 bucks- it was decked out and had everything,lol. The guy at the register was like 17 and was a very quiet, sweet, Vietnamese young man and he just looked at my broken hearted face when he told me I didn't have enough and just had compassion for me- and he reached into his own wallet and made up the difference. He was so patient and nice to me as I counted them out too- which think about it- a little kid who is still learning to count so counts slow is counting 10 bucks of pennies- and he was just as friendly and patient and nice as could be. Plus this guy was in his teens, how many teens are so nice and generous like that?

I was really young so I really didn't understand how nice that was of him because I was so excited I just jumped up and down and was estactic and just ran out the store with joy and couldn't wait to show my mother. I thanked the guy but I was too excited to really realize and properly tell him how much I appreciated that.

I never knew what became of that young man but I'll never forget that kindness and generosity he showed me that really did just make my whole school year as I had the neatest Trapper Keeper in my class even though I was probably the poorest. I think of him whenever I see someone being generous.
    ;w;!
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

The nicest thing a stranger can do for me is to mind their own business. Many of them even do this! It's swell.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

On time when I got too many groceries and was trying to walk a long way home (Many of the bags had started to rip open, I think I had 4 or so bags in each hand), someone drove me to where I was going. I got a lot smarter about getting groceries after that.