User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

^^ I digress. I'm a huge X-Men fan. Grew up watching the cartoons [my mom would never buy me the comics. I'm a girl and those were for boys, hoy..]. I realized how the movies differed draaaastically from the original, but I still enjoyed them. :P Must be that Stockholm's again, I guess, but your assessment of 'no X-Men fan likes any of those douchebag movies' is now wrong. Because I am one And thus, makes your statement inconsistent...or just untrue. I know plenty of other fans who enjoyed the films as well.

As for 'REAL' comic book fans, why does liking a comic regardless of inconsistency or bad story line make a person any less of a fan than somebody else who will abandon a series because they don't like where it's going? Doesn't really make sense. I thought a true fan would stick it out til the end- read and complain about it, but read nevertheless, because they are a 'real fan'. Just sayin'....

[It's kind of like sports fans, if you'll accept the analogy. Take into consideration fans of the Chicago Cubs or Boston Red Sox, two of the most legendary "cursed" baseball teams--disregarding how well the Red Sox did recently-- Now, would a die-hard, REAL fan abandon their team because they keep losing? Nope. They stick by, in hopes of seeing a winning streak, and even --knocks on wood-- a pennant. It might seem futile, but it's just faith is all, and it's about having fun or being entertained and then cursing them out later when they don't do what you wanted them to do. The ones who abandon what they like can't call themselves TRUE fans of anything. They're just bandwagon hoppers.]
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    ^^ I digress. I'm a huge X-Men fan. Grew up watching the cartoons [my mom would never buy me the comics. I'm a girl and those were for boys, hoy..]. I realized how the movies differed draaaastically from the original, but I still enjoyed them. :P Must be that Stockholm's again, I guess, but your assessment of 'no X-Men fan likes any of those douchebag movies' is now wrong. Because I am one And thus, makes your statement inconsistent...or just untrue. I know plenty of other fans who enjoyed the films as well.

As for 'REAL' comic book fans, why does liking a comic regardless of inconsistency or bad story line make a person any less of a fan than somebody else who will abandon a series because they don't like where it's going? Doesn't really make sense. I thought a true fan would stick it out til the end- read and complain about it, but read nevertheless, because they are a 'real fan'. Just sayin'....
    Err... I don't accept your sports analogy...

And I revoke your X Men fandom...

That is all.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Err... I don't accept your sports analogy...

And I revoke your X Men fandom...

That is all.
    Well...I ain't bothered.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

The only problem with that analogy is, we refer to comic book fans, not fans of a specific comic.

I read Daredevil cause it kicks ass, not because it's Daredevil.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    Well...I ain't bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    The only problem with that analogy is, we refer to comic book fans, not fans of a specific comic.

I read Daredevil cause it kicks ass, not because it's Daredevil.
    Seriously though. A better analogy would be music; You're a fan of an awesome artist, lets say Lil Wayne. Nobody is on the bandwagon yet and you defend his awesomeness, then slowly as people recognize his awesomeness he starts sucking, and sucking badly... And yet remains highly overrated. If you appreciate good music you move on, if not you ride the bandwagon until the next bandwagon comes along.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INFP

Seemed Nietzschean to me.

Man is something that is to be surpassed. What have ye done to surpass man?
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think maybe since I watch the show entirely on the basis of Potential Awesome Shit Happening, and not so much the character development, concrete plot, etc.

Honestly, the show's biggest deal breaker for me was ALMOST when Peter lost his powers. The only thing that could make that show bad enough not to watch is if people just didn't have powers anymore. Thankfully, that was like, a single episode.