User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yeah...but it seems we're both driven to understand...like we both NEED to understand...but what we are looking to understand is different i guess right?
    Yeah since we're both Ns, we're driven to look for information that is beyond the present in order to understand the bigger picture. So we both have to detach to do this, but perhaps NTs just detach more or just in a way that operates more outside of their emotions/feelings/values.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

funny that both of us think the other might have a greater capacity for understanding...because in a way i think everyone has emotions and is familiar with them but not all nf's can detach from them to see the logical perspective...but i think it just depends on the situation...i know...in relationship matters it is extremely difficult for me to detach and apply logic, you know?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

funny that both of us think the other might have a greater capacity for understanding...because in a way i think everyone has emotions and is familiar with them but not all nf's can detach from them to see the logical perspective...but i think it just depends on the situation...i know...in relationship matters it is extremely difficult for me to detach and apply logic, you know?
    Also in a relationship, what you think is logical and makes sense in your mind doesn't always work or translate (where as in math and science, it would), I think that's one of the biggest troubles us NTs have in relationships, especially when we can't even understand our own behavior.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's not emotions, it's values.
    Everyone has emotions.

It's not emoitons, it's values.
    Everyone has emotions.

Everyone has emotions.

It's not cold rationality, it's detached (or impersonal) judgment.

lol i luv how u kept repeating it.

And agreed 100%.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Everyone has emotions.

It's not emoitons, it's values.
    Everyone has emotions.

Everyone has emotions.

Sometimes it is appropriate to approach a situation as if you were a person sitting high on a mountaintop looking down on everything, and evaluating it that way. Other times it's appropriate to view it from inside the action and allowing yourself -- and your own desires and values and needs -- to be part of the equation.

Life is a mix of applying impersonal and personal value to things. Impersonal value enables you to get perspective; personal value enables you to be engaged and driven.
    Yeah. Totally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

(eta: for aj)...so...what do you do then...follow your head...or your heart?

and yes...i realize how silly and mushy that sounds...but i'm really asking.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I get NTs extremely well -- at least half of my friends are NTs. They tend to understand me a little less well, but the person who knows me best in the world is definitely an ENTP.

Interestingly, many of them call me "way too logical"...

MBTI
    INTP

(eta: for aj)...so...what do you do then...follow your head...or your heart?

and yes...i realize how silly and mushy that sounds...but i'm really asking.
    I follow.... a dysfunctional hybrid of both.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

seems reasonable enough.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Here's an example of a typical NF/NT exchange -- my favorite writer committed suicide a few months ago and I just heard about it and was quite shocked, sad, and depressed about it. He was only 46 and he had fought his depression for years, and had faithfully taken his antidepressants every day so he could function ... he went off of his medication with doctor's supervision and approval so they could try to find one that had fewer side effects, and it turned out that nothing else would work for him, and he spiraled down, lost 70 pounds, withdrew more and more ... they put him back on the medication that had worked for him, and it didn't work for him anymore either, and he hung himself. So I'm writing to my NT friend how it's tragic and I can't accept it and it's unfair and I'm mad at God ... and she writes back well, we're all going to die, who's to quibble about a decade or two either way, the fact is, that's the progression of the disease of depression, and it's not so much that he was in unbearable psychic pain as that he just succumbed to his disease. It's what happens.

Eeeeeyah.

I typically have to wait a few days before I answer her because my first response to that was something along the lines of You Cold Bitch, but then I realized she was trying to make me feel better.

I think that's typical NT/NF. It really takes an effort to understand and give the other person the benefit of the doubt.