User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default normal reaction?

Is it perfectly normal to get pissed off if your room mate's mom handles everything for your room mate? I mean it just doesn't seem right to me, she's 21 yet when evers their a problem its me or her mom making phone calls. I refuse to discuss issues with my room mate because I know I will get a call from her mom, and it's like NO! if i wanted to talk to you I would have contacted you your daughter doesn't do shit so please back the fuck off.

There's no excuse to why her mom handles everything.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sometimes, some people's moms can be very overbearing and not let their daughters get a word in edgewise. And usually those same daughters end up being rather lazy and expecting their mothers to do everything because they never had an opportunity to do something for themselves. One of my past roommates had a mom like that... It was frightening as she tried to start determining what went in our fridge or how the place was to be cleaned or how it should be furnished.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    yupp

I still think its shit.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Sometimes, some people's moms can be very overbearing and not let their daughters get a word in edgewise. And usually those same daughters end up being rather lazy and expecting their mothers to do everything because they never had an opportunity to do something for themselves. One of my past roommates had a mom like that... It was frightening as she tried to start determining what went in our fridge or how the place was to be cleaned or how it should be furnished.
    My ISFJ's friend has an ESFJ mother just like that, it explains why she ran off as a teenager and lived her own life lol now as a grown up she is back near her mum and the independence arguements between them are terrible to behold.

To the OP, it doesn't really make me feel angry if a friends mum is more involved unless it is effecting me, ie we live together, so I can imagine how you must be feeling .
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

yeah, and I guess it wouldn't bother me as much if she didn't try to act like she's completely responsible Oh really
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INxJ

Get a new roommate. When it doesn't directly affect you, there's no point to get upset about what someone else does with their parent.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm stuck with her til may. Sheesh, it's not that simple. And trust me as soon as i can I'm moving out.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Get a new roommate. When it doesn't directly affect you, there's no point to get upset about what someone else does with their parent.
    It's directly affecting her because roomate's mother is in prpl's face by handling roomie's responsibilities. It should be prpl and her roomate discussing and handling problems, but instead it's prpl's and roomie's mom as partners, when prpl never consented to that. She was expecting things to be normal and for her and roomie to handle shit together, no unwanted 3rd party involved.

MBTI
    INFP

Best thing you can do prpl? Step out of the role of surrogate mom for your roommate. Sounds like mom's feeling some competition from you to take care of the princess. Allow your roommate to let her mom run things for her and step out of the way.

Once you are no longer making her phone calls for her, and whatever other things you're doing, you will no longer be so invested in what goes on with them. And her mother will have no more reason to interact with you.

Should she try to call you back into the caretaking role you may politely decline. Then let them duke it out or let your roommate fall on her face. She'll sink or swim and you'll have no responsibility for either.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    yupp

i don't take care of my room mate. its just somethings that have to be done she won't do them. Our building got free direct tv in July and my room mate had actually gotten cable the first time. I kept getting on her to cancel the old cable, she called once and I kept saying it's not cancelled you need to call to find out what's going on. On top of that she took the mail key when she went home for a month with no warning, and I was trying to figure out how to get the mail instead of her talking with me about it, her mom called. And neither one understood why I wanted to be able to check the mail so bad, couldn't be so bills weren't late? could it? and I had to pay for another key, and I really think she should have paid me back.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all