User Tag List

View Poll Results: Bath or shower, which one gives you power?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baths baby, it's the only way to go

22 17.74%
  • Showers dude, it's the only way to glow

96 77.42%
  • What is a bath?

6 4.84%
First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Showers the vast majority of the time. I don't really have time to take baths, although we have a great jacuzzi tub that fits two. We do that about once a month. I do like to take a bath in the summer, with a warm breeze coming in once in awhile.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Showers. I'm paranoid about dirty tubs, and I like being wet all over. Plus it's easier to rinse thoroughly and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Baths baby, it's the only way to go!
    That's because you live in Japan. You probably have really clean tubs, too. (Edit: Mine's always pretty clean, I'm just a little OCD about certain things.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    You shower people are to be blamed for the evils in this world.
    This is an INFP comment. lol

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    I just can't figure out what "to do" in a bath...just laying there in a pool of dirty water where I can't even shave my legs because then the hair stubble is stuck to the side of the tub along with my dead skin cells...also, my hair (on my head) is too long to wash in the tub...a nice hot shower where I can wash my hair and then condition it, wrap it up on top of my head and then shave to my heart's content...I have it down to a neat system that is almost ocd in enjoyment.

And as far as extracurricular, the shower is better, in my opinion as well. Maybe if I had a larger tub I would think differently, but while I'm imagining possibilities, that would have to compete with one of those uber-showers that come at you from all directions.

Yeah, I realize the use of that word could have many meanings, but I'm leaving it in the sentence nonetheless. I'll probably regret it at some point, but I find myself hitting the submit button...
    Me too, dude. All of it.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

love soaking in the tube and listening to npr, with something to sip on.......
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    I'm really anal about being clean, I get into this mindset, of washing my hair three times starting from the right side of my head and then washing the body, If I do even one thing wrong I start all over again.

So firstly, I will have a shower, washing everything three times, that means putting shampoo on three times shower-gel three times. Then after I have finished doing this, when I have a proper bath do the same process and then finally have a shower and repeat the process once more. But, what annoys me is, when I think I missed a process or I didn't do it order. And I get a real conflict in my mind. So I start over, that's if I have the time, but if I don't have the time. I finish off and then that same day I shower and bath once more and make sure I do it right.
    That's really OCD. Plus, you are washing away your bodies natural oils, which isn't all that healthy. You only really need to get off the surface layer if it has accumulated. In fact, even this is technically unnecessary, since if you don't wash your hair for long enough it cleans itself. Probably having accumulated oils on the rest of the body kept away mosquitoes for our ancient ancestors, and putting dirt on our skin cleaned it a little (same principle as a mud mask). I might try this some day to see if it works, but only if I don't have to go out in public in the initial filthy phase. And it would have to not be in summer because being hot with greasy hair is one of my least favorite sensations.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't take no bafs.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Shower.

For some reason i get really bored in baths, I'm not co-ordinated enough to be able to read a book in the bath and not get it sopping wet, and i tend to overheat as i like my water scalding hot.

Showers however, i have been known to just sit down on the tiles and enjoy the waterfall spray for over an hour, no boredom in sight. SO. MUCH. WATER. WASTAGE.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I remember watching an episode of MTV 'Cribs' like 8 or 10 years ago and when touring his bathroom some rapper whose name eludes me said (about baths) "How you gonna get the dirt of yo back?"

and he was so right

how you gon get the dirt off you back in the bath? That's why you shower

Banned

I relish both of them but I'm slightly more in favor of showers, as everything is being washed away from me instead of sitting in it. I can enjoy up to three of them during the course of a day. I enjoy the complete solitude they provide (with one recent change to that particular rule). Furthermore I tend to find it easier to think when your body is being cleansed by hot water.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I like baths in the same way I like treating myself to things like ice cream. They're deliciously relaxing and fun.

A hot tub or hot spring is probably the best.. I've had the pleasure of enjoying a Jacuzzi tub before as well, and it was amazing. Something about soaking in water just helps and breathes life into things. (Then again, I love water.)

But generally for daily cleaning I enjoy showers. Water raining down on you is also really awesome in its own way.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

My senses are almost nullified. Showers save time.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~