User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

to answer the post title: no, i quite enjoy doing nothing at work because me work consists of me stocking water on a shelf in a grocery store. the less to do the more fun we have
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

No, because I can do other things - I find myself other things to do, I mean - usually reading something related to my interests, or making experiments with computer programs, etc; trying to find more efficient ways to implement an already-existant process. I also have two jobs, actually, and one of them is freelance translator so I can work on that while I have nothing to do at the other job. Otherwise, if I really have nothing of the above activities to do, I will start trying to run experiments on new ways to optimize my portfolio. Well, usually with these activities the time is completely employed.

Usually I'm very reliable and efficient, so most bosses give me a lot of freedom with work after they get to know me (except ESTJs). Most of the times, so far, I have been able to work from home when there was no need for my presence. In this case, of course, the concept of work and doing other things blend.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It used to drive me crazy,
    but now it never happens at my job since i'm a nurse's aide. So if nothing is going on then i'm just grateful.

Sniffles

Yes it drives me crazy to no end. I mean why even be there if there's nothing to do.

MBTI
    ENTP

At first I thought that getting paid to sit in front of a computer and talk on AIM for 6 hours would be a blast. After the first day I was practically begging for more to do. NOTHING is worse than having nothing to do at a job.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

When it comes to work in the western world, most people get to choose from one of two experiences, either stress or boredom. Rare is the individual who doesn't experience one of these from their work. Stress causes, well, stress. Boredom seems to cause depression. Personally, I prefer boredom over stress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I surf guilt free, but it still drives me crazy having nothing to do. Then again, nothing interesting to do does the same thing to me...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

If you are going to do something. Do it and do not feel guilty. If you think you might feel guilty, just don't do it.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    If you are going to do something. Do it and do not feel guilty. If you think you might feel guilty, just don't do it.
    I sit beside my shift supervisor who is surfing face book half the time. It's kind of hard to feel guilty...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I think FDG is right - there's ALWAYS something you can do to improve yourself or your knowledge, even when at work. Here's just a handful of things you could do when you run out of tasks:

-Research your company's business/ stock investor ratings, and research your competitor's
    -Bring a foreignlanguage text to work and brush up on existing language skills or learn a new one. Modern companies love people who are multilingual.
    - Read Aristotle, Smith, Marx and Hutcheson, etc, as they all have good topics to analyze which pertain to the modern world economy
    - Free Online Course Materials | MIT OpenCourseWare

That last one alone could fill every last minute you are idle.