User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: Seriously.

  1. #31
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    The problem is that there are no interesting people.

    People don't have time to be interesting.
    There's only time to go to work, come home and watch Boston Legal before it's off to bed and start the whole thing over again.

    And it's because they need so much damned money just to live.
    At least here in McLean the pseudo-civilization.
    It's actually a slum -- they've never ever turned down a builder.
    But no one pays any attention to that.
    They know there are jobs here, and because there are so many jobs, more and more people come and try to live here.
    So they keep building the goddamned houses. And more and more cars end up on the roads and I keep asking myself,

    "How the hell are there not more fatal car accidents here? Seems like there ought to be, and just in time because we need to balance things out a bit."

    as I rub my head in frustrated agony.

    But then it occurs to me that the reason that there are so few car accidents is because everyone who would move here is a super security oriented worrisome piece of shit with nothing better to do than bite their nails over global warming while they drive to the mall so they can buy nice clothes so they look good when they come back next time. And that kind of person is boring.

    They're too scared to have any fun.

    What I'm saying is, it's become impossible for anyone interesting to ever be here in McDonalds Virginia.

    So don't tell me to look for hot-manz either.
    They're boring too.
    we fukin won boys

  2. #32
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    With interest it'll be $20.30, but I won't split hairs.
    Just pay me the thirty.
    *grumbling* @#*$!!^* usury...

    And we were only going through Yemen to Saudi Arabia.
    It would be dangerous to land those glass replicas of the Nina Pinta and Santa Maria we had made where there's no beach...
    You're right, of course. And I'm sorry that I make you think of everything. I promise to make myself as useful as I can in the harshly lit reality of your way more massive intellect. I can make shadow animals?

    Come on Pink. Get your head out of the garbage disposal.
    But Invisible Murray is stuck in there!

    (Aside: A friend asked me to guess his uncle's name. I said Murray. It was Murray. Perhaps I shall overawe you with my quasi-omnipotence.)
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  3. #33
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    The problem is that there are no interesting people.

    People don't have time to be interesting.
    There's only time to go to work, come home and watch Boston Legal before it's off to bed and start the whole thing over again.

    And it's because they need so much damned money just to live.
    At least here in McLean the pseudo-civilization.
    It's actually a slum -- they've never ever turned down a builder.
    But no one pays any attention to that.
    They know there are jobs here, and because there are so many jobs, more and more people come and try to live here.
    So they keep building the goddamned houses. And more and more cars end up on the roads and I keep asking myself,

    "How the hell are there not more fatal car accidents here? Seems like there ought to be, and just in time because we need to balance things out a bit."

    as I rub my head in frustrated agony.

    But then it occurs to me that the reason that there are so few car accidents is because everyone who would move here is a super security oriented worrisome piece of shit with nothing better to do than bite their nails over global warming while they drive to the mall so they can buy nice clothes so they look good when they come back next time. And that kind of person is boring.

    They're too scared to have any fun.

    What I'm saying is, it's become impossible for anyone interesting to ever be here in McDonalds Virginia.

    So don't tell me to look for hot-manz either.
    They're boring too.
    But what a wonderful situation you are in. You are surrounded by boring people in a boring place.

    These people in this place make the perfect background.

    And it is child's play to be the foreground.

    All you have to do is be mildly interesting and you will stick out like a Shag on a rock.

    Our National Gallery has grey walls, so the paintings leap out at you.

    Just imagine if all the Gallery walls were beautifully painted - you would not be able to make out the paintings.

    And in the same way, if you were surrounded by interesting people, who would notice you?

    You can play off them. You can surf off them. How easy it is for you to become the centre of attention.

    Everyone here envies you.

  4. #34
    Member Winz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    So don't tell me to look for hot-manz either.
    They're boring too.
    What about hot she-manz? *waggles eyebrows*

    Or you could take up underwater basket weaving (wtf?). Or you could always try moving elsewhere. Not sure if that was suggested already.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Start playing craps, its more exciting than poker but still a waste of money like all gambling lol... but somewhat entertaining.

    You're not into video games? Thats really taking away hours upon hours of fun there... are you SURE you don't like all of them? There are a lot of genres...

  6. #36
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    Start playing craps, its more exciting than poker but still a waste of money like all gambling lol... but somewhat entertaining.
    What an astute observation:
    It was years before I recognized that when one person's stack goes up, the other's goes down. Of course this applies to commerce as well, but again with the splitting of the hairs...

    I'm up several hundred dollars in my poker playing.
    It is a waste of money! Those poor idiots.

    You're not into video games? Thats really taking away hours upon hours of fun there... are you SURE you don't like all of them? There are a lot of genres...
    Video games are for Js.

    Obviously.
    we fukin won boys

  7. #37
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I can make shadow animals?
    You're talking about those ridiculous silhouettes?
    No, just make a string of paper dolls out of glass to drape over the boat.

    But Invisible Murray is stuck in there!
    He's not our problem!

    (Aside: A friend asked me to guess his uncle's name. I said Murray. It was Murray. Perhaps I shall overawe you with my quasi-omnipotence.)
    I'll tell you what, omniscience and omnipotence are a fierce combination.
    At least I'm glad we're on the same team.

    You wanna be Cptn. of the Pinta?
    I'll have you will the wind to make us all go faster.
    we fukin won boys

  8. #38
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    You're talking about those ridiculous silhouettes?
    No, just make a string of paper dolls out of glass to drape over the boat.
    Just because you taught Martha Stewart everything she knows doesn't make you special!

    He's not our problem!
    That's what you said when he threw himself into the woodchipper too! And we all know what a terrible idea THAT was!


    I'll tell you what, omniscience and omnipotence are a fierce combination.
    At least I'm glad we're on the same team.
    I'm having t-shirts made. They're cotton/poly so the dirt of the hoi polloi will wash out when they inevitably cling to us.

    You wanna be Cptn. of the Pinta?
    Yes! As long as I get to redecorate the lounge. I'm feeling a pink theme.

    I'll have you will the wind to make us all go faster.
    The wind owes me. We'll be fabulous in Argentina in no time.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  9. #39
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I need help.

    I can't think of anything fun to do other than gamble.
    And gambling is a bust cause everyone else is afraid to gamble against me, or even at all.

    What do I do?
    You have to replace the urge/need with something else to overcome your addiction. You need to replace that adrenaline high.

    First you have to realize that there is no way you will make money from gambling at the casino. You will always lose money in the long run. This is why casinos make so much money.

    In the casino the odds are stacked against you. One possible alternative might be to take up trading. Traders are essentially professional gamblers. If you are going to do that, you should commit to learning how to do it properly. You have to learn risk management. You have to give up your old gambling ways and learn how to trade with a plan and with discipline. You have to learn how to calculate the odds and how to determine how much you are willing to risk on any given trade. It's highly advisable to learn in a free practice account. Don't expect to be profitable for the first couple of years while you are learning.

    I also highly recommend reading this book:

    http://www.amazon.com/Statistics-4th-David-Freedman/dp/0393929728/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230335107&sr= 8-3

    It's the most accessible guide to probability and statistics you could imagine. There are almost no formulas in the entire book. It will give you an appreciation of just how futile gambling in a casino is.

    If it helps, picture the casino bosses laughing at you. Ha ha ha, look how stupid these people are putting money into our machines.

  10. #40
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post

    Video games are for Js.

    Obviously.

    My INFP roommate plays video games like 14 hours a day. Seriously though, when are we playing heads up poker?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Taking things seriously
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
  2. How Seriously Do You Take the Rep System?
    By heart in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 10:53 AM
  3. Taking MBTT too seriously
    By snegledmaca in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 02:16 PM
  4. Serious health-related question
    By Langrenus in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 04:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO