User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I just bought a kitten today, I love cats, and this is my first, I am so happy.

I may take a photo later and upload it just to show you how cute and adorable he is.

I like dogs too, but I can't have one at this address. I intend to get one when I move somewhere suitable.

However I would probably say I am more of a cat person, if I was told I was only allowed one choice, it would be the cat.
    Of *course* it would be a cat. Goes without saying. Pictures of your new kitten else I'll send my cats around to dig up your lawn.

-Geoff

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post

What makes you think other people can't have a meaningful relationship both in their terms and the cat's with the cat?

My cat doesn't smell bad, she always smells nice and clean. My friends' dogs always smell musky unless they've happened to just have come from a bath. Let's not even mention the dog breath issue!

We've been able to correct the cat when her behavior didn't mesh with our standards.

Cats do urp a lot. One just needs to have a good Green Machine.

I don't think either cats or dogs are better, it just depends on the person and what they want in their lives.
    And you have a right to that opinion. Just cause your blatantly wrong doesn't mean I'll correct you.

Gotcha.

I grew up with dogs. I've just finished (I think) having my first cat. I love animals...even ferrets (and they do whiff) but dogs is greatest. The dog was family..the cat was a pet.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

My pastor told a joke not too long ago that I thought was very appropriate to share here,lol.

Pet Perspectives

A dog looks at their owner and thinks to themself,
    wow
    you feed me
    you love me
    you take care of me
    you pet me
    YOU MUST BE GOD

A cat looks at their owner and thinks to themself,
    wow
    you feed me
    you love me
    you take care of me
    you pet me
    I MUST BE GOD

LOL.
    I couldn't help but laugh and c'mon this stuff is funny,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    The dog was family..the cat was a pet.
    I just think it is a mistake for people who cannot bond deeply with a cat to assume that others share that inability.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I just think it is a mistake for people who cannot bond deeply with a cat to assume that others share that inability.
    Well if your not like me then isn't that what you should be aspiring to?

After all I'm purrfect

(Kidding)

MBTI
    ESFJ

Cats. I'm afraid of dogs.
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Okay to be perfectly candid I'll tell you why I think dogs are superior, past all the whole pet vs family thing.

If a dog angers something/ someone they learn. They understand who they can take and who they can't. They respond to structured environments like humans do.

With a cat it will try to hurt you even though you could snap the daft little thing like a twig.

I am always nervous around cats because I treat them more gingerly than they have the sense to. Until I'd had my own cat I'd avoid them for fear of hurting them should they claw me and I move too suddenly and hurt them. Now that I'm more used to them I ignore their whines and wails more readily but the stupid things will still almost break it's own neck just to get what it wants!

The damn things are self destructive and ignorant of repercussions. When compared to a dogs almost intuitive understanding of the world that makes cat's alien to me and dogs like family.

However I don't hate cats. Quite like them actually. Though I'd say that cat's are more of an introverted female thing than any specific type of introverted female (which I think was the original question posed).

MBTI
    INTP

Default Cat Burglar

So about 1 this morning, I'm awakened by a crash and the dogs start going wild, barking and running around the house. I start going around to see the cause of the commotion. After a quick sweep of the house I hadn't seen anything, but by that point the dogs had started to focus on the main floor bathroom. I go in there to find a cat sitting on the bathroom sink.

When I first grabbed it, it tried to claw me, so I dropped it, at which point the dogs try to eat it. The cat manages to escape and hop up onto the washing machine. I approach it again (more cautiously). Fortunately, the cat wisened up to the fact that scratching = dropping = dog food, so I was able to take it outside without further trouble.

MBTI
    istp

I like cats better. You can own a dog but you can't own a cat. They are their own being. They don't really need any house breaking. You show them where the litter box is and that's about it. My family doesn't have the time to house break a dog. That's not to say I don't like dogs. I just don't want to deal with all that they require. I bond with animals very easily. But I feel closer to cats. Cats are more of a solitary creature. They don't need a lot of attention. They can do for themselves if needed. If a cat is abandoned somewhere, it will always fair better than a dog. But I would have to say that if you were starving, there is more meat on a dog. They say dog meat is greasy though. All the meat I've had in Chinese restaurant doesn't seem greasy, so I think that I could say that cat meat is not greasy.
    Scuse me, gotta run, some 'feeling type' is walking towards me trying to make something called conversation

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    With a cat it will try to hurt you even though you could snap the daft little thing like a twig.

Yeah, sometimes love hurts.