User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INXP

This is my cat (yes I know I already posted this on the site somewhere else). But she deserves a repost. You can see she is thinking about digging my lawn up again.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

you have a very pretty kitty, geoff
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP

I always grew up with cats, but I have a soft spot for dogs.

Cats remind me too much of myself: bitter, arrogant, misanthropic etc...

...as such I'd rather have a dog, sadly I'm not in a position to have one at the moment, oh well maybe I can get an NFP at the pound.
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intense—to love as if each design-hour will be the last.

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Samuel Beckett - The Unnamable

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Dog tastes better than cat, imo.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ISTP

From what I gather, dog owners tend to be more direct in what they want or need. The type of dog correlates with the owner's personality most of the time.

Example:

Paris Hilton and Chihuahua = Pay attention to me, I'm a little fragile thing
    Gangster with a Pitbull = I will attack you if you annoy me
    Person with 3 large dogs = I wear the pants in the relationship

Cat owners are the opposite. It's an indication of their sanity though. Usually one person owning more than 2 cats is an indication of mental disorder.

I'm solidly a dog person, but I'm also an overwhelming introvert, so there goes one theory.

I prefer dogs for one reason...they seem like they're on the same team as you. I have not ever personally owned a cat, but I have lived with roommates that did for 10 years, and cats definitely have their own agenda. Cats are more like college roommates; they're someone who lives with you, but doesn't really have an emotional connection with you, just proximity.

I don't have a pet, but if I had one I'd want one that would be a friend and companion, not one that in the best of circumstances regards me as that guy that feeds me and picks me up when I'm busy.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I'm solidly a dog person, but I'm also an overwhelming introvert, so there goes one theory.

I prefer dogs for one reason...they seem like they're on the same team as you. I have not ever personally owned a cat, but I have lived with roommates that did for 10 years, and cats definitely have their own agenda. Cats are more like college roommates; they're someone who lives with you, but doesn't really have an emotional connection with you, just proximity.

I don't have a pet, but if I had one I'd want one that would be a friend and companion, not one that in the best of circumstances regards me as that guy that feeds me and picks me up when I'm busy.
    Unless they're hungry, or cold and want a place to sleep, or want to show you the mutated bird they just caught for you.
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intense—to love as if each design-hour will be the last.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cerpin_Taxt View Post
    Unless they're hungry, or cold and want a place to sleep, or want to show you the mutated bird they just caught for you.
    I disagree vehemently. I think it has to do with the time you spend with them, and when you get them (as kitten as opposed to grown cats). I've had cats all my life and w/o exception they follow me around like ducklings when I am home, crawl up my leg to be carried, and if I am not vigilant they try to groom my hair (ick).

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I disagree vehemently. I think it has to do with the time you spend with them, and when you get them (as kitten as opposed to grown cats). I've had cats all my life and w/o exception they follow me around like ducklings when I am home, crawl up my leg to be carried, and if I am not vigilant they try to groom my hair (ick).
    [Looking at the avatar] Maybe you are a pig person?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I've had cats my whole life -- bar 3 1/2 years -- aswell, and got them when they were kittens, and this is what my cats have been like.

I dont know maybe my cats could pickup on the fact that I preferred dogs, but my cats have never followed me around unless they wanted food or to go outside. Although other peoples cats are always really affectionate towards me, so i don't know what's going on, maybe you just have cooler cats than me.