MBTI
    INTP

I like cats; they taste like chicken.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I've always loved dogs. There would've been a time when I would've preferred dogs to cats but due to advancing age (bleh) and waning patience, I now say:

Cats! all the way!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

The terms "cat people" and "dog people" refer to introverts and extraverts, respectively. It's just another example of how, when people don't have vocabulary to express concepts, they'll invent something.

(I don't mean that in an "idiots with low vocabulary" sense. I refer to the fact that, prior to the popularization of the two words, people needed some way of discussing introverts and extraverts, and that's one way they did it.)
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Okay...(says she who just spent the morning trying to get her cat to leave her alone and has to sleep with the cat in her arms so it will leave her alone)
    Well, that word "overall" is the key.

Cats are intrusive only when they want company; otherwise, they stick their tail in your face.

I haven't really met a dog that did not think he was a puppy and try to climb up in your lap. All the time. During dinner. Watching TV. Whenever. Uggh.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I haven't really met a dog that did not think he was a puppy and try to climb up in your lap. All the time. During dinner. Watching TV. Whenever. Uggh.

My cats are usually just like this.

However, they can take themselves to the potty and they bathe themselves, so in so far as that goes they are independent.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    My cats are usually just like this.

However, they can take themselves to the potty and they bathe themselves, so in so far as that goes they are independent.
    Can you get your cats to send mine instructions on leaving the lawn alone?

-Geoff

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Can you get your cats to send mine instructions on leaving the lawn alone?

-Geoff

My cat is indoor only so she really can't help with proper lawn etiquette. (Bracing now for the obligatory online flaming over indoor only cats vs. outdoor cats!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

murr... *stretchyawn*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Cat person. I lurv cats.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I can't help but notice that it seems like every single INFP woman I have ever known or come across is a cat person and it seems INTP women are cat people as well. Now when I say cat people- I'm not saying that by prefering cats that they are anti-dog, just that they seem to always prefer a cat's companyand to have as pets.

I'm an INFJ woman and I am a huge dog person and prefer dogs over cats, I'm not anti cat- I just prefer the company of dogs and especially to have as a pet.

Why is it that so many INFP and INTP women love cats?
    Is there a pattern of another type preferring dogs and if so what are they?

Are there any pro dog people here?
    How many pro cat people are there here?

Now remember I am talking about preferances. I like both cats and dogs but there is one that suits me more as a pet owner and one that I just connect more with as well.
    I like both, but I ultimately prefer dogs. There's something about them that seems less...irritating. I guess it's because I can tell my dog to go sit on her bed, and she'll do it without really fussing about it. You try to tell a cat to do that and they sneer at you as if to say, "THAT bed? Oh, my dear...you know I loathe THAT bed. I'd much prefer YOUR bed. So move your feet!" I think I like other people's cats, because then I can smother them with love and don't have to clean up after them.

I guess dogs also have that whole idea of being loyal to a fault and loving unconditionally. I'm sure cats are just as loyal...it just seems like there's always some sort of agreement you've made. Like your friendship is a business deal rather than an actual friendship.