User Tag List

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Ambushed by an ExFx

Last night I walked in to my daughters school to pick her up, and a woman I've never met snagged me from behind as I was leaving and said 'I've been told I need to meet you' and gave me a huge hug.

She proceeded to ask me if I do 'play dates' with my daughter and while I was scrambling to figure out whose parent she was I got two more hugs, a 'what are you doing for the holidays', 'where do you work, this is where I work', 'here is my phone number' ...

Finally I realized that she was a little boys Mom that my daughter is always playing with and talking about.

By the time I left her, I felt like I'd known the woman for years and she acted like we'd been best friends who'd just run into each other after a long time apart.

The whole experience weirded my INTJ arse out, and I left there going ... 'OMG is she an extrovert/feeler or what!??'

I'm a bit envious of that ability methinks. But I'm still confused down to my core about the whole thing

Embrace the possibilities.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm surprised you were able to repel firepower of that magnitude. I would have passed out after the first hug, followed by the personal questions.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

That'd creep me the fuck out too.

MBTI
    ENFj

Hummm I say that was over the top. I would had probably been swinging had I felt someone brag like that from behind. lol
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

lol wow..... that's hardcore
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    infp

I've had pretty much the same experience recently and now I find I am this womans friend, she just sort of co opted me into her life because her daughter plays with my little girl at school and are inseperable.

Alot of hugging (I hate hugging lol) and strength of personality, like "OI you, you now belong to my collection".

I am sort of envious in the sense that I wish I was so strong a personality and so forward, but I would find it exhausting if I even attempted to behave like that.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Enneagram
    1w2

Wouldn't really phase me.

Of course.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    you now belong to my collection".
    LOL. I think that's how every ExFJ looks at their circle of friends...as their collection.