User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 77

  1. #21
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Short answer:

    That's what I tried to explain to him: immature ENTPs are the scourge of Typology-C.
    Why did he never listen to ol'Granpa Blackmail?
    Better question: Why are YOU back again with another two-sentence response into which you clearly put little to no thought and obviously didn't bother reading a word of what I said? Do you have any, you know, *actual points* pertaining to this topic or are you just going to keep whining?

    And if immature ENTPs are the scourge of Typology-C, then how on Earth is a joke about ENTPs being negative toward people not useful material for jokes? This really doesn't make any sense.

    I pose a more likely possibility: the scourge of Typology-C is lazy ENTPs who would rather spend their time ignoring the issue at hand and contradicting themselves with disappointing two-line responses than with actually contributing worthwhile discussion.

    Or at least of my existence. Christ, you are annoying.

  2. #22
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default





    EDIT: Let's be civil, boys!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #23
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post




    EDIT: Let's be civil, boys!!!

    I'd have been much nicer to an NF or SP. A fellow NT should have known better than to pick a fight if he didn't want to carry it on the bitter end.

    Worse yet, an ENTP should know better than to pick arguments in languages in which he is not totally fluent! You don't see me going around starting arguments in French--I know full well that I suck at French.

  4. #24
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    perhaps Everyone Notices Those Pervs would work better for ENTP

    Though I'll admit that the ENTPs got the shaft on the list (and not the cool type that has a head on the end ) and I totally didn't get why anyone would think that accusing ENTPs of being something that they're not would be amusing (and I laugh at most things!)... I think people are fascinating, and am anything but negative towards them!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #25
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    perhaps Everyone Notices Those Pervs would work better for ENTP

    Though I'll admit that the ENTPs got the shaft on the list (and not the cool type that has a head on the end ) and I totally didn't get why anyone would think that accusing ENTPs of being something that they're not would be amusing (and I laugh at most things!)... I think people are fascinating, and am anything but negative towards them!
    Are you kidding? Just now as I logged in there was a thread one of the forums on the front page titled, "ENTP: To hug or to hit?" It's very obvious to an ENTP with any real perspective that many people actually DO think we're being negative toward them a lot more often than we are.

    If I wanted to be a dick about it, I could nitpick your "Everyone Notices Those Pervs" joke (which is a good one, by the way!) by saying "OMG WTF NOT ALL ENTPs ARE PERVERTS I KNOW LOTS OF ENTPs WHO ARE VERY NICE PEOPLE U ARE AN ASSHOLE"....

    ...but then I'd be brutally, brutally missing the point.

    And again, where's your defense for the other types? The entire post is a big list of stereotype jokes; you guys are making us ENTPs look bad by being so sensitive to even the slightest, most light-hearted criticisms. (And moreover, I never realized how oblivious ENTPs actually are to the attitudes of others about them! Holy crap!)

    Get over yourselves.

  6. #26
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Seriously, just for you guys, I'm going to do a poll about what traits people commonly associate with ENTPs, and then I'll link to it here. At first I thought you were just being smartasses but then I realized, wow, you actually don't have any idea how much the rest of the world thinks our type is a bunch of argumentative jerks. Observe.

  7. #27
    Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Seriously, just for you guys, I'm going to do a poll about what traits people commonly associate with ENTPs, and then I'll link to it here. At first I thought you were just being smartasses but then I realized, wow, you actually don't have any idea how much the rest of the world thinks our type is a bunch of argumentative jerks. Observe.
    I've met at least two people who think I'm the most egocentric asshole on earth . I've also met people who thought I was very nice and sweet.

  8. #28
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Are you kidding? Just now as I logged in there was a thread one of the forums on the front page titled, "ENTP: To hug or to hit?" It's very obvious to an ENTP with any real perspective that many people actually DO think we're being negative toward them a lot more often than we are.

    If I wanted to be a dick about it, I could nitpick your "Everyone Notices Those Pervs" joke (which is a good one, by the way!) by saying "OMG WTF NOT ALL ENTPs ARE PERVERTS I KNOW LOTS OF ENTPs WHO ARE VERY NICE PEOPLE U ARE AN ASSHOLE"....

    ...but then I'd be brutally, brutally missing the point.

    And again, where's your defense for the other types? The entire post is a big list of stereotype jokes; you guys are making us ENTPs look bad by being so sensitive to even the slightest, most light-hearted criticisms. (And moreover, I never realized how oblivious ENTPs actually are to the attitudes of others about them! Holy crap!)

    Get over yourselves.

    you've never met me... and you wouldn't know me if you did.

    I'm a chameleon, nobody hates me and I make sure they don't know me.

    I don't think I'm alone in that either- I don't need to be told to get over myself- life made me do that. You can't do anything to me that life hasn't, so you might as well feel insignifigant there.

    ENTPs grow up, and someday you'll do that too... and in doing so you'll get a lot less confrontational as well
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #29
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Short answer:

    That's what I tried to explain to him: immature ENTPs are the scourge of Typology-C.
    We'll wait until you're a more active member before we put you in charge of that judgement.

    In the mean time I recommend you start reading into context a bit more (hint: Ne helps with this -- perhaps you should spend a little less time on that tertiary and focus more on your primaries huh?) but until then, hold off on the ridiculous remarks.

    The real scourge of any culture: pedantry.


    Also I recommend you learn a bit more about typology. Yours is a muddled aggregation of hand picked quotes from websites.
    we fukin won boys

  10. #30
    Senior Member Silent Stars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    410

    Default

    *attempts to get things back on topic*

    INFJ (some fit, some are just random lol)

    intermittent nighttime frappuccino junky
    inherently not following jerks
    illicit narcotics for Jews
    indestructible, never fabricated, jaded
    idiosyncratic narcissist fondling jugs
    immaculate nexus facilitated judiciously (I think this one is PERFECT for INFJs.)

Similar Threads

  1. Video: What Your MBTI® Results Probably Didn't Tell You
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2015, 10:13 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 05:11 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Do you get along with people of your own type?
    By fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 12:46 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Are you different from the people of your same type?
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO