User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do Most People Make the Bed?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 41.74%
  • No

67 58.26%
First 34567 Last

Thread: Making the Bed

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

by your definition, Haight, I actually never make the bed. I don't pull all the wrinkles out and I don't bother making it all that square. I throw it on relatively flat after washing and that's it till the next time I wash it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I'm still bitter about losing my shade of blue, so I say notta is right no matter what the argument is.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I always make sure that all of the blankets are pulled up after I get out, but I also sleep with them that way (I keep my apt quite cold)- I just don't like the look of the blankets being pulled down
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMohican View Post
    So if you put the fitted sheet onto the mattress, and then toss the top sheet and blanket onto the bed in a heap, is that making the bed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Okay, then. If you mean make the bed AT ALL, ever, then I'd say most people do so in some situations...

... I have to go with "yes" on a technicality if I'm being forced to choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    The only time I make the bed is when I wash the bedding and put it back on the bed..
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Don't most people have housekeepers and butlers, like we do, who make their bed???
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I believe that at some point in the day, someone will rearrange and neaten up the sheets on their bed...
    Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    ... I suspect that the ratio's a lot closer to 50% than either we "only make the bed on laundry day" or the "of course I make my bed every day" people would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I actually dont really move when I sleep so making the bed is a simple as pulling the crease out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I straighten everyone's beds in the house by noon every day unless they're in it. I assume most people at some point do the same with their own beds each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    If that is the definition, then yes, most people make the bed.
    To the people I have quoted above . . . thanks for your support. Additionally, I will talk to G-d about doing something a little special for you in the future.

To those I have not quoted . . . I will ponder a special form of treatment for you that will be both evil and brilliant.

*goes off to think while attempting to ignore notta's condescending snickers *
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INFP

I make my bed every day. Take off all the sheets and blankets. Neatly put each one on. Arrange pillows.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Nope. And if an SJ should sneak in and make it. I muss it up again. Just for badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I make my bed every day. Take off all the sheets and blankets. Neatly put each one on. Arrange pillows.
    Thanks, Dana. I will add you to the "Good People" list.

Gift is forthcoming.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    How can you guys say "never"? I know that people make the bed when they - eventually, in the case of the members above - finish cleaning the bedding.

Likewise, and in the very least, you straighten it after you get in during the evening.

To suggest otherwise is a lie, to be quite frank.
    I only make the bed when I change the sheets. Husband who is J type makes the bed each night before we go to sleep because he can't stand for the there to be any ripples or wrinkling in the sheets or blankets.

If it were up to me, I'd just kick at the sheets with my feet until the sheet was back down at the foot enough to cover my feet. Does that count technically as making the bed? I just don't know...

But yeah I am sure there's lots of people out there to whom making the bed in the morning is the foundation upon which the whole rest of their day rests.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I only make the bed when I change the sheets. Husband who is J type makes the bed each night before we go to sleep because he can't stand for the there to be any ripples or wrinkling in the sheets or blankets.

If it were up to me, I'd just kick at the sheets with my feet until the sheet was back down at the foot enough to cover my feet. Does that count technically as making the bed? I just don't know...

But yeah I am sure there's lots of people out there to whom making the bed in the morning is the foundation upon which the whole rest of their day rests.
    I very specifically do this every night,
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    remember, you only need one SJ out of two in a relationship and then the bed is made.
    so what? That doesn't mean both of them make the bed.

If by "making the bed" we mean every morning, I think the fact that it only takes one to make the bed proves that most people don't make the bed.

After reading through the thread, am I taking this too literally? If my spouse, mother, maid, nurse, etc. makes the bed that does not mean that I made it.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I make my bed when I get out of it in the morning, or if I'm running late in the morning when I return home.

I think this is mostly because I'm used to seeing beds made and an unmade bed seems like something out of order..... sort of like when you're talking to someone who unknowingly has their jacket on inside out, it would be distracting, and you might point it out to them so they can turn it around and you can get rid of that distraction. That's what my unmade bed does to me. So if I have a minute or two (which I always do) then I'll make the bed. It doesn't bother me when other people keep their beds unmade though.

MBTI
    INFP

Hmm.

You know, I'd have to say that most people do make the bed.

On a personal level, I find the ritual inane.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.