User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do Most People Make the Bed?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 41.74%
  • No

67 58.26%
First 91011

Thread: Making the Bed

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hmm, I always make my bed.

What can I say...I was raised by an ISTJ mother who is extremely rigid when it comes to these sorts of things, and 'manners', and appearances, and all of that, and it has rubbed off on me. :-)

I like how it looks. And I like lying on top of it during the day without any sheets or covers in the way.

As to 'most people'...hmm...I would imagine it's about half and half.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ISTP

The bed is far more comfortable when it remains unmade. Therefore, I do not make the bed. Even after i make the bed after cleaning the bedding, i quickly make sure it's nice and unmade so that i can be comfy when it's sleep-time!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Winz View Post
    The bed is far more comfortable when it remains unmade. Therefore, I do not make the bed. Even after i make the bed after cleaning the bedding, i quickly make sure it's nice and unmade so that i can be comfy when it's sleep-time!
    Spoken like a true ISTP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I make the bed but we have such different sleeping styles I don't know why I bother.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Actually on that point.. why do people do all that stuff with sheets and blankets.

Bottom sheet, duvet in a cover. Comfortable and job done.
    Zactly. When I first moved out of home into poorly insulated/heated student dives, I used sheets, coupla blankets, wool-filled duvet in a vain attempt to keep warm in winter. It was sooo uncomfortable and heavy and the layers would slide apart, ugh. Moving to duvets was heaven in comparison. I my duvets (feather-filled for winter, light polyester for summer).

Once we got a cat, I started to straighten out the duvet in the morning. She sleeps on the bed during the day and I don't want her on the undersheet. If we were catless, I wouldn't bother until just before going to bed, or in bed.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    infp

Well I voted that most people do make the bed, since most people I know make the bed and put big effort into keeping their bedrooms as a perfect sanctuary. Only my ESFP friend is like me in laziness lol.

I don't make the bed, I mean I'm getting back in it in the evening, it seems like a wasteful chore when there are so many god damn chores anyway, I make it when I change the bed covers though.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post

I don't make the bed, I mean I'm getting back in it in the evening, it seems like a wasteful chore when there are so many god damn chores anyway, I make it when I change the bed covers though.
    Damn fuckin' straight! Don't accept the rhetoric given to you by the Bourgeoisie (that is, those who spend their lives doing fruitless and useless pursuits) and people who want you to live for things rather than having things exist for you.