User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well, I stay because Central is well run and tolerant and there is a good number of members and new members keep arriving and some members stay quite a while and give Central stability and a memory.

Also I stay because I learn from each interaction. Also as I write I learn about myself.

So I enjoy writing and enjoy the interaction.

I don't think Central is at all fanatic. What I mean by a cult is that it is like a home, but a home in which one shouldn't criticise the parents.

So a good side of a cult is that it provides a sense of belonging and social acceptance at the expense criticism.

I like to be socially accepted and I also love critical thinking. So I am reliant on the tolerance of the group. And let's face it - this is a pretty tolerant group. And I am proof of this.
    I understood what you were implying in regards to cult. Nonetheless, I think some of the forum's individual members are definitely fanatics, but those are everywhere.

I don't always agree with your views. Yet, I enjoy reading the threads you create.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Yet, I enjoy reading the threads you create.
    I enjoy writing them.

Sometimes I become so emotional, I need to come down by not writing for a few days.

And sometimes I like someone and sometimes I'm rejected.

And sometimes I get caught in a vicious circle of insults - and this is a real downer.

But most of all I like writing and reading my own posts and trying to understand other members.

I suspect my judgement of other people is not very good. So I keep practising and making lots of mistakes.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

So we have here a deeply embedded group resistance. Or what might be called a shared psychological defence.

And this is the hallmark of a cult.
    Logically, since however correct the belief in question is, the believers will still claim its correctness, the mere fact that they do is not a case against the belief. The situation of defense of belief is neutral, and not an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Logically, since however correct the belief in question is, the believers will still claim its correctness, the mere fact that they do is not a case against the belief. The situation of defense of belief is neutral, and not an argument.
    Yes, you are quite right, there is a logical flaw in talking about psychological resistance or the unconscious.

And that is that the idea of the resistance or unconscious is a priori. So no matter what the person says or thinks, they can't invalidate the idea of the resistance.

So in a way it is like a trap - a dishonest trap. Like heads I win, tails you lose.

So I think you are quite right - there is a logical flaw in the argument.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

People don't take me seriously because I appeal to a part of them that they need to defend against.

And the defence they use is, 'not taking that part seriously'.

In other words they defend themselves by making a joke of that part of themselves that they find threatening, that they find disturbing, that they need to defend against.

They make a joke of the deepest, most tender, most beautiful part of themselves.

Simply, they make a joke of themselves. And so it is natural to make a joke of others.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Not quite.

I don't take you seriously, because I simply cannot understand what you write most of the time.

To me, reading your posts is like reading chinese hieroglyphs. I can decipher short sentences, but that's about it. The whole thing doesn't "connect" into a coherent thought in my mind. It's like trying to understand puzzles without seeing the picture that the puzzle is supposed to represent. I can guess some, but ultimately, I have no idea what you mean to say.

Your posts do not "awaken" my imagination. The only effect I consciously realize after reading one of them, is me going "Wat?".

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    Not quite.

I don't take you seriously, because I simply cannot understand what you write most of the time.

To me, reading your posts is like reading chinese hieroglyphs. I can decipher short sentences, but that's about it. The whole thing doesn't "connect" into a coherent thought in my mind. It's like trying to understand puzzles without seeing the picture that the puzzle is supposed to represent. I can guess some, but ultimately, I have no idea what you mean to say.

Your posts do not "awaken" my imagination. The only effect I consciously realize after reading one of them, is me going "Wat?".
    In that case perhaps it is best for you to not take me seriously.

For the meaning of any communication is the response and your response is, "Wat?".

So the meaning of my communication is, "Wat?".

What does that mean?

Well its a kind of vernacular insult.

It's a kind of refusal to engage.

Imagine, for instance, should you succeed in not taking me seriously, how would you take me?

Could you for instance describe your emotions?

Or perhaps you might write your thoughts as they occur.

Or you might say, "this reminds me of .....".

I would suggest you stick with your emotions as you plainly have an emotional response.

And it is this response you might like to explore.

It's like opening up a suitcase and seeing wat's inside - and indeed, it is - "Wat".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

In that case perhaps it is best for you to not take me seriously.

For the meaning of any communication is the response and your response is, "Wat?".

So the meaning of my communication is, "Wat?".

What does that mean?

Well its a kind of vernacular insult.

It's a kind of refusal to engage.

Imagine, for instance, should you succeed in not taking me seriously, how would you take me?

Could you for instance describe your emotions?

Or perhaps you might write your thoughts as they occur.

Or you might say, "this reminds me of .....".

I would suggest you stick with your emotions as you plainly have an emotional response.

And it is this response you might like to explore.

It's like opening up a suitcase and seeing wat's inside - and indeed, it is - "Wat".
    I meant to write "What?".

I feel no emotion at all. That's the problem, what I feel is indifference. I see your replies, I can read them, but they are nothing more than what someone might name "illustrations" around the debate. They don't take my attention as being something that I should think about or try to give energy to understand.

The post is just there, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    I feel no emotion at all. That's the problem, what I feel is indifference.
    While hate is the opposite of love, indifference kills.

Would you like to kill me?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

While hate is the opposite of love, indifference kills.

Would you like to kill me?
    I neither want you to die nor to live. It basically doesn't matter.

MBTI
    isfp

I enjoy writing them.

Sometimes I become so emotional, I need to come down by not writing for a few days.

And sometimes I like someone and sometimes I'm rejected.

And sometimes I get caught in a vicious circle of insults - and this is a real downer.

But most of all I like writing and reading my own posts and trying to understand other members.

I suspect my judgement of other people is not very good. So I keep practising and making lots of mistakes.

Well, I may prefer Sensing, but I think I got the gist of your original post (I think). Manufactured "personality" isn't the same thing as genuine thoughts, feelings and attitudes. Anyone can create a more attractive facade, either visually or spiritually. It's kind of pointless, though, because it just prolongs the amount of time people will have to spend digging through all that in order to find out what you're really like. And sometimes what a person is really like is much better than the "personality" he or she invented in order to impress.

Who was it that said "You must understand: God doesn't love your ego -- he loves your shadow."? That man had a point.

(Oh, and by the way, I like your posts, Victor, even if there's a good chance I don't understand all of what you mean.)