User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I agree that the parents' request for the full name (if they in fact did) was just asking for it. But the store should have just made the cake without fuss. They certainly have the right to refuse service, but it would have been in everyone's interest to just make it.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Those poor babies.

I wish them the best as they labor through life under the stupidity that their parents have set upon them.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Something about this kid makes me think he won't make a good racist, he looks like a little hippie.
    A gay hippie, at that...didn't you notice the little pink knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    The bakery, if it's a private organization, has the right to refuse service not in line with their policy, including Jesus cakes. Hee.
    If the Eucharist was like that, I might actually go to church on occasion-especially if I could wash it all down with a grail full of wine.
    Last edited by lowtech redneck; 12-15-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: grammer

MBTI
    ISFP

The surest way to make sure that their ideology never takes hold is to allow them free reign, within their constitutional rights, to freely express their idiocy.

It won't take long for most people to conclude that they're a few chromosomes short of a full strand of DNA.

And that'd be good for us all including them.

Imagine how liberating it would be for them to stop hating three quarters of humanity for absolutely no reason at all.

And it would certainly be reassuring to the the remaining three quarters of us that a small, but rabid, group of nuts weren't out to exterminate us.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    They certainly have the right to refuse service, but it would have been in everyone's interest to just make it.
    I don't know, refusing the service might actually increase their business...

MBTI
    ENTP

Tsk, My grandfather had the subtlety and tact to make Adolf my uncle's middle name. (seriously)
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Wow do they actually have electricity up there?
    We do as long as the goats keep running inside the flywheel, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    One of the comments made a good point: when was the last time you saw a child's full name on a birthday cake? I imagine if they had gone in asking for a "Happy Birthday Adolph" cake the store would have thought it odd, maybe a little offensive, but not refused service. By asking for his full name the parents were just begging for attention, IMO.
    I did note that.

There's no reason to put the full name on the cake, so it seems like someone was pushing for a confrontation.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

It does sort of amuse me to think they'll be singing, "Happy birthday, Adolf Hitleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer! Happy birthday to you!"

I think the thing that gets me when I see stories like this is that the parents each found someone with an equal degree of craziness to marry.
    Something Witty

ThatGirl

What is it, like a dollar for a tube of writing icing?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    A gay hippie, at that...didn't you notice the little pink knife?
    I'll have you know that pink is very manly. Jokes aside, it entirely depends on socialization, so it doesn't represent the kids leanings at all.

Eh, I don't see the big deal either way it could play out. Just feel sorry for the kids. Genetically, I mean, not so much for their names. You can change that.