any of you 'feel' , or agree with this?
it seems that especially starting on Gen X , i think, where technology is rapidly increasing in almost exponential manner, which resulting in these things: birth of video-game consoles, Internet, cell phone (w/ many 'distracting' features also he2), iPod, Youtube, etc.
not to mention that technology seems to make life very much more easier, which is of course good & make everything faster & more efficient, however, it also seems to give potentials of much "spoiled & pampered" life, than our parents' generations.
'cuz i don't know.. based from my observations & experiences myself, it seems that my friends, whose among the same generation with me, most (or many, i'd say about 80% people) share these perspective/thinking:
1. Work needs to be FUN , or MEANINGFUL to them
2. almost all of them admit they 'steal' their office-time by email, doing YM, MSN, or chatting using company's computer
3. if possible, want to avoid 9-to-5 office dayjob
4. even i've also found that many youths nowadays don't want to work in corporate environment. they want to become their OWN enterpreneur
5. according to my parents, kids or young people nowadays "whine, or complain much much more (a lot)", compared to their generation, whom still don't have computer, video-games, Internet, Youtube, ipod etc. especially my grandparents, who have to work in the deep forest/jungle to cut trees (i even don't know 'how' to cut tree!) , and make the wood-logging business, as compared to me wanting to find an idea of making online-creative business, or "social enterpreneurship" business (to which my parents found this idea 'ridiculous', if not realistic, they said).
what do you guys think about this?
can any of you relate?
or perhaps have a say or opinion? please discuss.