User Tag List

First 123

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    An expectation is an attitude? And who says they expect anything? All I see here is projection, and no substance.
    Yes, expectation is an attitude, when the policy is not to expect. I think there were some people above who could see what I am saying. Read. I don't have anything to prove you I am not projecting.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    If they expect me be straight, it is an attitude, isn't it? They usually don't expect anything, they ask me, and that is how it should be with this case also.
    um, I kinda expect that most people I meet are straight, or that most people I meet can see in color or do not have OCD. Rajah is correct about the way they should go about doing things, but feeling moral outrage about this just seems silly to me.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Outrage is too strong word for what I feel. But, yeah, I also expect most people to be straight, statistically speaking, but... I think there is difference between me expecting it and the government expecting it. It is a subtle thing, but I think that this kind of subtleties might amount to much if they are not dealt with.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Some people get offended way too easily. Generation Y is nothing but a bunch of limp-wristed weaklings, whining and crying about every little perceived slight.
    Yay Lateralus! Now I don't have to say it. International hobby it's become. Finding something to get offended about. And, worse yet, trying to "fix" it.

I think Jennifer is accurate in her observation that, in spite of massive efforts to raise consciousness, many live in their own little worlds and the thought hasn't occurred.

Just like the laughable predicament the state of Nebraska got themselves into when they, so thoughtfully, offered their hospitals as dumping grounds for unwanted children and suddenly found themselves up to their ears in problematic teen-agers! Hah.

And your perception is most acute, nolla. Don't think it would have occurred to me unless it had happened.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer