User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I live with two room mates. One girl, one guy. And, here in Finland we have this system that I get a little money to get by if I am unemployed, but the amount of money depends on if I live with my spouse or not.
    Actually, they resently changed that one, if you're talking about the student stuff.

But to the question, it must be annoying. But it probably goes to the cathegory of: no one thought about it. I really hope so. But it does complicate things if you want to do them by the book. When a subject isn't relevant to you I can understand such mistakes and forgetting things, but by the government.. You could report it, you know..?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Some people get offended way too easily. Generation Y is nothing but a bunch of limp-wristed weaklings, whining and crying about every little perceived slight.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    infp

I think it's just a matter of time before it changes to something more PC. It's a good point though, one that hadn't actually crossed my mind TBH.

I think Rajah's post on what it should say is spot on.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm just noting that sometimes it's pure ignorance or thoughtlessness, rather than purposeful oppression -- and understanding the range of motivation can help when selecting an approach and strategy to fixing things.
    Yeah. Well, I think that if they are being serious about changing the country into something more tolerant, they need to have the attitude of tolerance on every level of government at least. Gays need to have equal rights and equal obligations and they need to be acknowledged and taken into consideration everywhere inside the government.

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Actually, they resently changed that one, if you're talking about the student stuff.
    I'm not a student any more, but basically it is the same deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    When a subject isn't relevant to you I can understand such mistakes and forgetting things, but by the government.. You could report it, you know..?
    Yeah, I was thinking I might ask them when I take the paper in, and if they don't have an answer I might report to whatever the department was called that handles these things. The thing I am worried about is that it might only be tip of the iceberg. If gays are not being treated equally, how about immigrants then? All marginal groups might have to deal with similar attitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Some people get offended way too easily. Generation Y is nothing but a bunch of limp-wristed weaklings, whining and crying about every little perceived slight.
    It is a small thing, but it illuminates an attitude and a principle. As long as these little things are inside the system, there will be no real equality.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

It makes sense that it would take some time for gay relationships to be acknowledged and tolerated and permeate all the levels of society. But Finland seems to be further along than most nations.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It is a small thing, but it illuminates an attitude and a principle. As long as these little things are inside the system, there will be no real equality.
    What do you mean by "real equality"? I don't see any inequality in the scenario you describe.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

You don't see the attitude? There can't be attitude in the government if we have legally the same rights and obligations. If there is attitude, it keeps the "uncomfortable" gays under the table...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You don't see the attitude? There can't be attitude in the government if we have legally the same rights and obligations. If there is attitude, it keeps the "uncomfortable" gays under the table...
    Attitude? That's absurd. That's just your perception, a perception of what...a questionnaire? Was there some sort of snapping emoticon next to the question? Without something explicit, you'll have a really hard time convincing me that the government has an anti-gay attitude.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

If they expect me be straight, it is an attitude, isn't it? They usually don't expect anything, they ask me, and that is how it should be with this case also.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

If they expect me be straight, it is an attitude, isn't it? They usually don't expect anything, they ask me, and that is how it should be with this case also.
    An expectation is an attitude? And who says they expect anything? All I see here is projection, and no substance.