User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: statments

ThatGirl

Default statments

Ok, here is me making a judgment.

What is up with these people who make statements that are closed minded, untrue, and deffinate, then walking away or cutting you off before you can respond back.

I encounter a lot of this and it absolutley drives me crazy. Why even vocalize something then.

Is it because I intimidate people that they won't allow me to respond?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

OMG can I please lock this thread?

Edit: maybe they get tired of arguing with you, or maybe you're just better at it than they are (doubtful).

ThatGirl

Then why even say something to me. Why not just keep it to youself.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

Is it because I intimidate people that they won't allow me to respond?
    Elimidate. You. me. Let's make it happen!!
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Then why even say something to me. Why not just keep it to youself.
    Because people are reluctant to give others the impression that they have won an argument, and by extension, won power over them. Silly.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It's also known as venting...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

ThatGirl

Do I sound like the type of person who says "please feel free to vent to me?" That's horrible, the thing is that usually these statements are an observation placed on me about me.

Now there are two possible reasons for this.

A) your upset about something or there is a problem, but rather than just fixing it and moving on we have to play the vauge game.

B) you don't want to understand or learn anything new you just want to state your judgments to people and try to establish dominance by then cutting them off.

C) I am a bad ass broad you can't come even close to touching, so you stand at a distance throw a shot out then scamper away and hide.

Here is the thing I could care less what someones opinion of me is, but I hate innaccuracy. If you are going to judge make sure you have all the information.

This also only pretains to circumstances where I am then held accountable to their innacurate judgments.

Noone else encounters this?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Do I sound like the type of person who says "please feel free to vent to me?" That's horrible
    I know what you mean. People do this to me all the time. They come up to me and start venting about their problems, like I requested to hear them bitch. I don't get it and it's frustrating. Can't you find someone else to vent to? Jesus F'ing Christ. Why don't people consider that maybe, just maybe, you don't want to hear all their shit.

My cousin does the same thing. He just piles it on. I'm trying to have a conversation about something interesting, and he just interrupts me, just like that, and starts going off about his inability to find a good girl to father his children. Hey buddy. Do you really think I give a shit? Is this a conversation or a monologue? Did you realize that I'm not an emotional reservoir?

My mother sometimes does this too, but she's more sly about it. She'll ask about me and then shift the conversation right away to her drama and BS. It's tricky, because I don't really mind it, but I just don't like getting tricked or used. It's trickery in her case, because I don't want to vent to her without some implied permission, so I'll start by making a small disclosure instead of a big, long, drawn out speech about my life. But she uses my politeness against my by using that pause to inject her life's story. These types of people are guilty of insensitivity as well as dishonesty.

Suffice to say, unsolicited venting really bugs me. These people need some self-awareness in their petty lives.

MBTI
    INXP

I'm not sure where we are on the irony, but this thread is all kinds of entertaining.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I'm not sure where we are on the irony, but this thread is all kinds of entertaining.
    That's quite the understatment.